Old Falcon Lighthunter in need of repair

Here is an old falcon lighthunter in .177. This gun was previously a friend of the families that got passed to me. Think it was left lying around for a while and does look quite old.

I got it filled from the local gun shop and it seemed to shoot fine. fired about 3 or 4 magazines full through it. I then got hold of a pump and when i tried to fill it the air just pissed back out of it, so someone who knows what they're doing with a gun may be able to fix this. I dont want to pay £90 odds for it to be serviced, would rather sell it cheap and put the money towards an Ultra. The gun also looks as if it needs re-blued, has a threaded barrel which may have had a quickfill on it before, but the end of the barrel is scratched, i have tried to get a pic of this.

I dont know how much the gun is worth, so im wanting £60 for it. Dont care if its worth a penny more, just want to put the money towards an Ultra.

So im selling it in the condition its in -

has an air leak

barrel needs re-blued

scratch at the end of the barrel

usual wear and tear to a gun of its age

one 8 shot mag, which seems fiddly

Im being totally up front about the condition of the gun as it looks to me, and i am not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes.

Its obviously not the best gun out, but if you know how to repair guns, i dont think you can complain for £60.

I stay in East Kilbride, just outside Glasgow. Face to face only as i cant be bothered with the hassle of posting, and would rather buyer saw before bought.

Cheers,

John

post-31892-126773421173_thumb.jpg

post-31892-126773417502_thumb.jpg

post-31892-126773419281_thumb.jpg

I REALLY wish i lived near you mate, you are really giving this gun away mate.

Take it to your local gun shop, they will have it off you for a considerable amount more bud but just advice.

Cheers.

Luke.

I REALLY wish i lived near you mate, you are really giving this gun away mate.

Take it to your local gun shop, they will have it off you for a considerable amount more bud but just advice.

Cheers.

Luke.

I was wondering if i was going to get replies like that lol. To me (a bit of a newbie to airgunning and not knowing much about how gun shops operate) it looks like an old gun in need of repair, dont imagine a shop would want to buy it from me but i may be wrong. Im just wanting to get some money together to buy a brand new Ultra as i now have a pump and want my first PCP, and i'll be happy :)

Cheers for the advice though

pm sent

hello bud just because the air is comimng out dosn't always mean theres a leak try cocking it before filling as this works with my air arms.first time i filled it the air was coming out the barrel and i thought it was leaking.i was told to cock it first and wo behold it filled straight away..hope this helps good luk with the sale.........regards bri..will nearly pay for ya ultra if this is the prob as worth a lot more than that...........

pm sent

hello bud just because the air is comimng out dosn't always mean theres a leak try cocking it before filling as this works with my air arms.first time i filled it the air was coming out the barrel and i thought it was leaking.i was told to cock it first and wo behold it filled straight away..hope this helps good luk with the sale.........regards bri..will nearly pay for ya ultra if this is the prob as worth a lot more than that...........

Thanks for the advice mate. Im not majorly fussed about it, it would be hard to value the gun with out someone who knows what theyre talking about giving it the once over, so i just kind of picked £60 out of no where, so who nos, some one may get a bargain.

Also, i have agreed to sell to some one local. so to everyone else who replied/ pm'd me, thanks for your interest

John

• 2 months later...