A double double

Was out Saturday on a new bit organised by a member off here,too many foxes going about for the farmers liking.We pushed a pair from the first piece of cover,the dog fox was shot and the vixen took the hounds on a merry run,after gathering them up we went onto the next bit,we shifted one from there and one of the guns got a misfire and it made it through and again took the hounds with it,scenting conditions must've been perfect as we eventually found them about 6 miles away in a huge forestry block.post-501-126738876052.jpg

Whilst looking for the hounds i found a single hole with fox tracks going into it,i made a mental note of its location and once the hounds were retrieved called one of the boys on the radio and directed him to it,we entered my russell and got a bolt after five minutes.

post-501-126738899901.jpg

End of the day,happy farmer.post-501-126738906244.jpg

Out again today on a local sheep farm,got a four foot dig to the russell with a cranky dog fox.

post-501-126738962074.jpg

We then pushed a tight windblown wood through,the hounds and terriers rattled a fox about for a bit before it broke cover and was shot then retrieved by my mates lurchers.post-501-12673898673.jpg

Another cracking weekends sport with all the dogs seeing a bit of graft,thanks to the snow.

Sounds like a great time! :D

Very nice looking country too.

You seem to have all bases covered in the back of that truck: hounds, lurchers, terrier and gundogs 8)

:good:

And there was me thinking he was gonna talk about a walk to Tim Horton's :) BS

No joke CH, I was seriously considering writing something about that...but didn't think anyone would get it and wonder when this daft Canadian was on about :rofl:

....since we're on the subject....Sid the Kid came through for us this evening :good: