Hi all.Just a quick question, i am doing my level 1 on the 8th of March, looking through the questions at the back of the manual i came a cross a question about releasing deer into the wild... i understand you cant releas sika and muntjac into the wild but is it lawfull to realeas other species of deer? Also would you need the land owners concent? or do you need to notify anyone? Sorry its just i couldnt find the answer in the manual. :victory: anyone with any info would be great.

You cant release any none native species back into wild I don't know how the RSPCA get away with it.

Thats not true so far as the level 1 questions go. You can release a rehabilitated muntjac back into the wild providing it is within the 12 counties of england and no more than 1km from where it was found, with a permit from natural england. Page 80 of the BDS level 1 manual.

To the original poster then answers are on pages 79 and 80 of the BDS manual.

permit from natural England This is the reason that the Animal welfare people get away with letting animals go but for us the public there is no chance we can let anything go in the wild.Natural England will crawl all over you. :icon_redface:

The guy was asking in reference to his Level 1 questions. Besides you wouldn't let anything go it would be in your freezer :tongue2:

Did you get hold of your mate regarding Monday evening?

You're not allowed to trap deer, so you can't exactly release them.

For muntjac if it has been found injured and then subsequently treated it maybe released as per previous post. Section 16 (4) of the wildlife and countryside act 1981 refers to this. You also do not need the landowners permission

So the answer in no unless the question finishes exactly as is in Gareth's post. But for me any releases should be questioned if any Deer are found injured they should be culled on the spot we have to many governments are paying millions and millions to kill as many as they can and the animal sanctuaries are trying to fix injured one up what a country we live in .Get them down and in the freezer.