fishing with a speargun

carry on your hunting then, i done it fo a few years bit to easy i reckon ,,ive hunted all me life dicksplash,,and still do and i been these places around the world and dived some of the purest seas ,and seen first hand what spearing does fuc nat geo

jesus your a great guy, have a nice life.

niall_b73

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not fishing is it realy, i mean its not realy sporting is it,,its kind of a slaughtering/whole sale,thier aint nothing sporting about it ,,you jump in swim a bit ,the fish dont swim away , and then you point and fire a bolt at its head , the only way to make it a bit more sporting was if you went somewhere exotic and tried spearkilling and see a big bullshark on your case after you speared a fish ,now thats a bit more sporting aint it..

Jeeezzz - what a negative attitude, to something you obviusly know very little about.

I fish with my own built gun - relatively easy to build, and also it adds to the experience ,shooting a fish for supper with your own gun is worth doing. It is a very complex method of fishing [i practice every kind of fishing freshwater and sea] and this is the most rewarding. There is so much more to it than buying a gun and jumping in !! also spearfishing is probably the best way to obtain your fish - no bait , no waste [dont reel in undersized fish]

If you would really like some sound advice from people who understand the sport join http://forums.deeperblue.com/ looking forward to seeing you there :thumbs:

its not fishing is it realy, i mean its not realy sporting is it,,its kind of a slaughtering/whole sale,thier aint nothing sporting about it ,,you jump in swim a bit ,the fish dont swim away , and then you point and fire a bolt at its head , the only way to make it a bit more sporting was if you went somewhere exotic and tried spearkilling and see a big bullshark on your case after you speared a fish ,now thats a bit more sporting aint it..

Jeeezzz - what a negative attitude, to something you obviusly know very little about.

I fish with my own built gun - relatively easy to build, and also it adds to the experience ,shooting a fish for supper with your own gun is worth doing. It is a very complex method of fishing [i practice every kind of fishing freshwater and sea] and this is the most rewarding. There is so much more to it than buying a gun and jumping in !! also spearfishing is probably the best way to obtain your fish - no bait , no waste [dont reel in undersized fish]

If you would really like some sound advice from people who understand the sport join http://forums.deeperblue.com/ looking forward to seeing you there :thumbs:

just spiceing the debate up a bit,like said for the table yes,,as for sport na ,,catch and release,,bit difficault a..?

just spiceing the debate up a bit,like said for the table yes,,as for sport na ,,catch and release,,bit difficault a..?

All the gear no idea ? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

was going to add too the debate but with people like gray ghost you can't win,people like him still reckon the world is still flat and witches float..furthest he's been is aldi's

nowt to do with winning,like the building spear gun bit ,and spearing your dinner ,what happens after you got a few? ive free dived islands cays and reefs plenty times ,,,,and speared for dinner,, also hunted, fished,coursed,lamped , dug, all me life ,but when challenged by someone within you come back with bullshit aldi crap, why not debate,[bANNED TEXT] this sites about, ,,,,,, look at it like this then,tiny island in carribean,60 folk lived there for a few hundred years,lived off the marine life for food for plenty years taking just enough, along comes yaucht with 4 overgreedy speargunners anchor up for two weeks ,,when they fuc off theres plenty little fish left and fuc all else for no one else, schools of jacks, snapper ,grouper gone is that sport? or slaughter? if its sport then they fuc,d it for everyone, unlucky for one of em his arm aint quite the same since mr bullshark tasted it ,,,poetic justice,,

was going to add too the debate but with people like gray ghost you can't win,people like him still reckon the world is still flat and witches float..furthest he's been is aldi's

nowt to do with winning,like the building spear gun bit ,and spearing your dinner ,what happens after you got a few? ive free dived islands cays and reefs plenty times ,,,,and speared for dinner,, also hunted, fished,coursed,lamped , dug, all me life ,but when challenged by someone within you come back with bullshit aldi crap, why not debate,[bANNED TEXT] this sites about, ,,,,,, look at it like this then,tiny island in carribean,60 folk lived there for a few hundred years,lived off the marine life for food for plenty years taking just enough, along comes yaucht with 4 overgreedy speargunners anchor up for two weeks ,,when they fuc off theres plenty little fish left and fuc all else for no one else, schools of jacks, snapper ,grouper gone is that sport? or slaughter? if its sport then they fuc,d it for everyone, unlucky for one of em his arm aint quite the same since mr bullshark tasted it ,,,poetic justice,,

it was me who started this thread grey & it was me who you came on and started giving sh1t to.

i never said i was mass slaughtering any fish, as it is i only kill for the table and for myself.

and like any other hunting sport, when managed correctly it does no harm..

now why cont you go back to the nat geo and see if you can scrape any more scuba destinations up or have you used them all already ??

niall_b73

it was me who started this thread grey & it was me who you came on and started giving sh1t to.

i never said i was mass slaughtering any fish, as it is i only kill for the table and for myself.

and like any other hunting sport, when managed correctly it does no harm..

now why cont you go back to the nat geo and see if you can scrape any more scuba destinations up or have you used them all already ??

niall_b73

right niall,maybe a bit over the top, no bad intended, and your correct with what you said,but the last line you are miles wrong,we been going islands and cays over 20 years ,seen it first hand fished it first hand and FREE DIVED islands that aint in nat geo and seen it first hand ,debate? or bullshit talk its up to thee ?

Consider this

- dog enters set, finds fox, holds it, we dig a big hole take dog out and shoot fox in head with 410.

- we raise or buy lots of birds, release them in wood and then on decided days drive them over men standing with shot guns. We shoot hundreds, most guns take a brace and the rest go to a game dealer (and in the past when there was no market i've seen them dumped).

- I sit on bank with a worm on a hook in the river, fish comes along and has a feed and suddenly finds it self caught up and i pull it in and bash its head in with a stick.

How are any of these any more sporting then spear fishing?

They are all, just like spear fishing, extremely good fun.

Saying my hunting is more hunting like than your hunting is stupid unless you are actually jumping in and using your hands or running down rabbits and head butting them. In which case . . . . . fair play to you.

atb

Jai.

Consider this

- dog enters set, finds fox, holds it, we dig a big hole take dog out and shoot fox in head with 410.

- we raise or buy lots of birds, release them in wood and then on decided days drive them over men standing with shot guns. We shoot hundreds, most guns take a brace and the rest go to a game dealer (and in the past when there was no market i've seen them dumped).

- I sit on bank with a worm on a hook in the river, fish comes along and has a feed and suddenly finds it self caught up and i pull it in and bash its head in with a stick.

Saying my hunting is more hunting like than your hunting is stupid unless you are actually jumping in and using your hands or running down rabbits and head butting them. In which case . . . . . fair play to you.

atb

Jai.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

well said jai ;)

niall_b73

Consider this

atb

Jai.

:clapper:

where the hunting bit? you GO slaughtering fish that swim up to you . if you wanna put dinner on the table i aint got a problem,, it definate aint no sport no matter how you look at it

Just because its easy don't mean you have to take bundles, you should only take what you need.

we're at one, mother nature and I. :give_rose::victory:

Edited by leegreen