Hi

Got a few rabbits from a trip on the weekend ive made a stew before just fancied something different. Anybody got a good reciepe for rabbit pie??

Thanks

Mikebee

Just done one but the recipe is at work, I'll send details when I go in tomorrow. Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Hi

Got a few rabbits from a trip on the weekend ive made a stew before just fancied something different. Anybody got a good reciepe for rabbit pie??

Thanks

Mikebee

Just done one but the recipe is at work, I'll send details when I go in tomorrow. Cheers, D.

If you could would you send me a copy please mate. Cheers John

Hi

Thanks

Mikebee

No problem mate, I'll post it as a reply. Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks

Mikebee

Nice one mate :thumbs: John

Hi

Thanks

Mikebee

Nice one mate thumbs.gif John

This should be it.

RABBIT AND BACON PIE.doc

hello mike-bee , my fav is rabbit and mushroom pie and what we do is joint the rabbit and wash...drop joints into pan of boiling water which will send meat white...cut out and discard the bitter bile sac on the liver which will be found in a fold and drop liver in pan as well as the kidneys...if a few veg is required in the pie to bulk it out a bit then get them ready while the rabbit cooks...scoop off any scum that collects on the top of water and discard...pierce rabbit to see if cooked {no blood oozing out } if done take out of pan to cool a little and add any veg etc to water...remove meat from bones and dice liver n kidneys...add meat back to water as diced veg should be cooked then add lots mushrooms...when all cooked empty into a strainer over a bowl , spoon most gravey through and out into the bowl { keep for gravy on dinner }....use self raising flour to make pastry , using a large dinner plate line it with bottom layer of pastry...empty drained rabbit mix onto plated pastry , level mix out and brush around edges with a little water to make pastry stick together then add top pastry , trim off and press fork around edges to seal then fork a set of holes in top to let off steam...chuck it in the oven and bobs ya uncle and if you have to reheat at anytime then reheat again in the oven as a micro wave will make the pastry soggy.....hope you can do summats with this recipe . ps if you shot rabbit ,cut out a man shooting out of the pastry and stick on top or if your juckler has caught it cut the dog n rabbit out and again stick on top , just adds a laugh to the dish....have fun mush ,cheers Ray .

• 2 weeks later...