Synthetic Stock

Yes, the synthetic one wont twist or warp when exposed to wet or humid conditions. I t wont need drying out slowly and carefully after a wetting, its fool proof.

This is most important when you have a fully floating barrell, If the forend warps slighlty (obviously depending how much clearance there is between wood and floating barrell), this may cause your barrells movement, upon being fired, to be disturbed, thus your nice tight group at whatever distance you have zeroed your rifle can go out the window.

With plastic or synthetic you can leave it in the bath overnight and it"shouldn't" make a jot of difference ( other than leaving a oily residue in your bath!!).

I must say that there is something special about a nice wood stocked rifle, traditionally speaking, but times move on, as do products available to the sporting rifleman. If someone hadn't invented houses we'd still be in caves wouldn't we. Just my humble opinion, I hope it 's of some help without confusing the matter.

Regards

B

A nice laminated stock is a bit of a comprimise and much better looking! Can't stand a plastic stock, looks too much like a toy gun to me :thumbdown:

Wood for me everytime, never had a problem with wayward bullets from a warped stock 8) It would only warp in continued wet use anyway, funny how it's only magically started warping stocks in recent years :hmm::hmm:

My guns are about evenly split, I like the wood, but I do like some of the synthetic stocks too!

Atmospherically wise synthetic is easier, but wood is easier to repair if you put a big scratch into it!!

Comes down to personal choice really and the depth of your pocket, the wood "tends" to be slightly more, but plenty of synthetics are not cheap!

My CZ .22lr and HMR are both Synthetic, my CZ WMR is wood, if I'm honest I think I would have got synthetic for the WMR as well, but it is not available, but now I have the wood I'm very happy :hmm::hmm: