keeping lurchers fit........... your opinion

hi guys just wondering if anyone runs their dog along side a car or is it best to jump on the bike and run them........

plus how high would you expect a 23" lurcher to jump...(gates, fences)

cheers guys,

carl

Hi carl, regards fit for work, yes i do run mine with the bike.I DO [12]MILES AWEEK. jusy 2-3 times aweek,dont forget this is with [lamping] him as well,its just to keep is wind up.? :thumbs: with jumping fences a 23in dog should [still get over a [5 bar gate] jumping+good bags

post-6933-125370340brynbestnight.jpg

16-1.jpg

7.jpg

Bryn is 25in dog.?

A bike is better than a car but not as good as running yourself, 25% UK adults obese, you can watch dog more closely on a bike or car and running alows you to get out across country so the dogs gets uneven groung?surface which will develop much stronger/flexable tendons and muscles in the lower legs/feet so less injuries. As for jumping had a 232 lurcher would jump a 6Ft fence if your back was turned and a local bitch was in season but a five bar gate is all that is really needed as anything above this puts a lot of strain on the wrists as a pup and as the dogs gets older.

Bloody lazy to use a car, I hate to see that. Bike it or walk yourself.

Fly is about 24" and she can jump onto rocks at the beach that are about 6 feet or just over, but she's jumping down onto to soft sand. It all depends on the individual dog how high. Watch for hard ground though, that's a lot of pressure on the front legs on landing.