• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

real smart lookin animals them pal never seen 1 so dark exept from pups nice 1

Posted Images

Nice pics, such a different look to the other terriers.

What advantage would a beddy have over the more common types? Why spend so much effort looking for a worker of this breed? search.gif

There is a massive difference between looks and working abilitys with working strains! If not for a hand full of people this breed would of been long gone years ago! Working strains have plenty of fire and keen noses.Some strains look like baby lambs and probably as useless as one! Thats my understanding anyway!

Nice pics, such a different look to the other terriers.

What advantage would a beddy have over the more common types? Why spend so much effort looking for a worker of this breed? search.gif

There is a massive difference between looks and working abilitys with working strains! If not for a hand full of people this breed would of been long gone years ago! Working strains have plenty of fire and keen noses.Some strains look like baby lambs and probably as useless as one! Thats my understanding anyway!

Thanks Fazza!

Just trying to understand what makes the Beddy different (if anything)? The definitely have more of a "racey" look than the other terriers and I see some shots on here with beddy's as ferreting dogs.

All being equal (which is uss not the case) would a beddy be more of an allrounder? ....so if you has a small enough dog in the chest you could use her for underground, ferreting and bushing work? .....OR even a good beddy is not any better an allrounder than the black/red/white dogs??

a good working bedy is an allrounder they have brilliant noses , but to be honest my bedys are earth dogs as iam not into bushing , bedlingtons arent everybodys cup of tea there a funny old lot they can be a bit sensetive and strange but they have the heart but sometimes you need to bring it out of them were as a pat or lakie can be gun ho from about 6 months and you spend time trying to calm the buggers down , i run a mixed kennel and find the pats can be the fighters the lakies are the wind up merchants and the bedys are the steady eddies but if it kicks of the bedys are in the thick of it, ive got bedys here that are as good as any pat if not better but iam biast as i have a soft spot for bedys but as i say there not everybodys cup of tea and there a lot of crap out there so for anybody thinking of getting a bedy do your homework first then find the workers and get one from there and believe me this is not an easy task, atb top

a good working bedy is an allrounder they have brilliant noses , but to be honest my bedys are earth dogs as iam not into bushing , bedlingtons arent everybodys cup of tea there a funny old lot they can be a bit sensetive and strange but they have the heart but sometimes you need to bring it out of them were as a pat or lakie can be gun ho from about 6 months and you spend time trying to calm the buggers down , i run a mixed kennel and find the pats can be the fighters the lakies are the wind up merchants and the bedys are the steady eddies but if it kicks of the bedys are in the thick of it, ive got bedys here that are as good as any pat if not better but iam biast as i have a soft spot for bedys but as i say there not everybodys cup of tea and there a lot of crap out there so for anybody thinking of getting a bedy do your homework first then find the workers and get one from there and believe me this is not an easy task, atb top

Excellent summary and comparison Topper :notworthy:

Really appreciate you shedding some light on this for me and nice to know you have mixed kennel so you do have experience with all in question (except the white dogs weren't mentioned) :clapper:

A bit of translation issue on my part: What does "the lakies are the wind up merchants" mean :icon_redface:

Also, what is the chest size of the beddy's you use for earth work.....my understanding is our earth's are generally tighter than yours so this can be a very significant issue (generally require a chest size of 14" or under to consistently work without getting hung up).

8)

i got 2 of those noisey white things as well , just measured my bedys they stand 13--14 inches high and there all spanable rangeing from 14in to 16 inches but if theres something there just give them a bit of time and they ll get there then the fireworks begin