grey squirrell - fair game?

Where I live there seems to be an inordinate amount of grey squirrels, they are in the gardens and the local park is infested with them.

I have a young terrier pup who is already showing an interest in scenting and chasing them but is this illegal under the hunting act. What if he accidently ,by chance catches one one day as I'm walking through the park - would I be breaking the law? surely they are classed as vermin as I know its illegal to release one back into the wild thats been caught alive. :hmm:

hi, had my young border and jack out in the park this morning chasing a ball and a squirral ran past us right out in the open. both dogs tore after it but just missed it .if they would have got it, would this be illegal. there was loads of people about aswell so me dad just put them back on the lead and we got off. people are feeding them so they are coming right up to you. jacko. :)

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Sometimes my dog catches squirells. And i shoot loads.

:blink: Can't say as I've ever really got That excited over a Dog nabbing a squirrel, mate .....

Nice story, ORD.

It's illegal to " Hunt " the things with ye Dog. I guess we - and they - are just waiting for a Test Case to clarify what adds up to " Hunting " one and what doesn't. Any volanteers?

Well the things were classed as "vermin" and had to be controlled as such,whether that is the case with the current wankers(government )i dont know.They are like the Monty Python sketch of the "Spanish Inquisition" no one knows where they will strike next !!! (ass holes)

the goverment is a joke :11: ,good sport with terriers mate,if on permission shoot them first if you get what i mean and then like we do with fox with the lurchers,let the dog have a rag and retreive the squirrel

Guest houndblair

Yes its illegal under the hunitng act, but the law is an ass!

P.s carefull about realsing too much info out here on the net, Our conservasions are probbally bieng watched by the ''motley crew'' (ANTIS)

Good Hunting

Guest bigbird

Sad but true how could a brain dead asshole justify his behaviour in front of your nephew even if he thought he was morally right about the tree rat f :censored: g d :censored: k thats the trouble no bloody reasoning with them :diablo: But it was a good story and the way you put it made me smile :D