Lure machine almost complete (need a little advise)

Its a good idea to fit a kill swittch on too mate.At times solenoid sticks on and motor keeps spinning and smokes quite bad and you .Adont want it burning out.I got one for caravans from my discount car shop.And Lee the best motor to use is a ford bendix motor from old transits etc again from a discount car shop £24-99.Hope this helps

need help, this is pictures of lure machine me and my brother just bought, but we not got clue how to wire it up prop to get it working? this how it came but is are battery. cheers

You need a posotive from battery to solenoid one of the big bolts, then another posotive from solonoid big bolt again to back of starter motor. negative from starter motor (where its bolted to frame) to the battery. ive also got a negative from solenoid to starter motor just to meke sure it got a good ground.

once those are connected you need to get a switch and wire it to the two small spade ends on the solenoid.

JOB DONE

I seen that one for sale on ebay for £65

good price providing the starter works!

you prob wont get many runs off that battery, you might wanna get a car battery!

good luck

happy luring

Edited by ihatealiens

had look at pictures of other peoples on here and realised wires were wrong way round tried again and got it sorted. have gave it ago its too quick how do i slow it down? want something to control the speed? and need put on off switch, which not got clue how to do? ya was off ebay.

had look at pictures of other peoples on here and realised wires were wrong way round tried again and got it sorted. have gave it ago its too quick how do i slow it down? want something to control the speed? and need put on off switch, which not got clue how to do? ya was off ebay.

NEEDS TO BE A ANY SWITCH THAT WORKS OF A SPRING ACTION,,,,JUST CHECK UR TOOL SHED THERE WILL BE SOMTHING THERE,,,,,,,,,,,,WE HAVE IN PAST DONE IT FROM A LIGHT SWITCH,,,NOT GREAT BUT MIGHT GET U STARTED

WITH ALL THESE LURE MACHINES,,,,WE CAN HAVE A LURE RACE,,,, :laugh: ,,,,LETS START A LURE RACING CLUB :laugh: ,,,,,MINE DOES 150YRDS IN 5 SECOUNDS,,WITH GOOD LURE ATTACHED :laugh: ,,,BIT OFF FUN GUYS,,,, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dont no what mine does but its far to quick really need slow it down. so if went buy switch what they call in it shops and how do i attach it and where?

cheers

AS LONG AS LURE SWITCH GOES ON AND OFF,,,,,ITS THE LURE DRIVER THAT CONTROLS SPEED,,,MY OLD MAN MADE MY SWITCH IF I SEE HIM ILL ASK WHAT HE USED,,,,BUT ITS BEEN A FEW YEARS,,,SO HE,LL NOT REMEBER ,,AS EVERY LURE HE MAKES,,,HE MAKES DIFFRENT

LIKE I SAID USE LIGHT SWITCH ,,ATTACH IT TO PEICE OFF WOOD,,,IT WILL WORK,,,,BUT IT TAKE,S A DAM GOOD LURE DRIVER TO USE A LIGHT SWITCH,,CONTROLLING IT IN FRONT OFF DOGS,,,,,,,BUT GIVE IT A GO TILL U FIND A PROPER SWITCH,,,,,,,BUT HAVE A 1/2 DOZEN PRACTICE RUNS WITH LIGHT SWITCH 1ST,,,BEFORE U PUT DOG BEHIND LURE

ULL GET THE JIST,,,,,ILL PHONE OLD MAN 2MMORROW FOR U,,,TO FIND OUT WHAT HE USED,,,,UNLESS SOMONE PUTS ON HERE 1ST,,,,,,NOTICED SOMONE PUT ON TOY RACING CAR SWITCH (SCALELETRICS ),,,,THAT WORKS ON SPRING ACTION,,,I CAN PICTURE THIS WORK,,WITH 240V WIRES ATTACHED,,, :thumbs:

dont no what mine does but its far to quick really need slow it down. so if went buy switch what they call in it shops and how do i attach it and where?

cheers

right just phoned him,,,,,my switch came off old eletric clay pigeon trap,,,,,,he says u can use a door bell switch,,,and in olden days they use to use the celliod as old ones use to have a button on them ,,,which he assumes u can still buy new,,,which was on some old cars,,,,which make off car,,,,he cant remeber

jesus been 12months since i phoned oldman,,,,save to say converstion was short and to the point,,, :laugh: its like speaking to clint eastwood,,he,s a man off few words :laugh:

Edited by whip x grey

Heres a cuple of lures which we use with the dogs.. We use pre ingaged starter motors from the old metero, never use a battery just connect straight on to the car with the leads. Found the best spools are the ones which are used around the wire fences of sheep fields.

Good luck with yours

Tom

002.jpg

008-1.jpg

Hi TOM do you have any plans for your lure machines. i know a welder i could get to make me one.....nice job them look well made.

Just out of interest,

How do you stop your dog from running into the lure lads?

When we were using the lure machines we used to have the lure 90degrees to the side of the run up, possibly 8-10yds away to prevent the dogs running at you and the machine :cry: to turn the lure we used supermarket tolley wheels with the tread removed :whistling: these were bolted onto a chequer plate with 4 holes drilled so we could anchor it to the ground, keeping the lure under the dogs nose the lure would shoot to the side and the dogs overshoot and the lure was safely concealed out of their way.

Y.I.S Leeview