working whippets!!!

good pics of your whippets there and nice to see but think agood wel bred lurcher is amore useful dog maybe wrong but ive been unlucky with the ones i saw and the land i run they never done to well and had the chances ,but on some land she done well but so did my lurchers , i would always put a good lurcher beforea good whippet in the allround stakeds maybe wrong ,i never belive they are great dogs or we would not take years to breed line bred lurchers to exel at work

you say peaole have line bred lurchers for centuries but that what people did top produce pedigree dog to be the best they can for a job.

also people go on about feet, but the whippet seems to be fine and foot problem free.

Try the [bANNED TEXT] breeding in a dog and the thippet will serve you [bANNED TEXT], never underestimate the real poachers dog.

Tom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say mate, Im very fond of my whippet, theyre great family dogs and if youre just lookin a bit of rabbiting theyre great, but if youre planning on running the one dog for long hard winter nights youre best lookin at a lurcher. Better coats, tougher skin, more stamina, more brains. If you do decide to get a whippet make sure its from working lines though cos they can make up for their shortcomings with a big set of balls. hope this helps.

nice whippets mate good pics

Young pup saturday just gone

DSC_7632.jpg

DSC_7634.jpg

all taken by the whippets

DSC_7669.jpg

DSC_7673.jpg

not frigile at all good noses and stamina to work all day in crap weather

DSC_7674.jpg

my other whippets dont like the cold, someone tell mine that

DSC_7292.jpg

DSC_7294.jpg

Rats these dogs had never seen rats before, 1st hour 65, 2nd 1/2 hour 25 and the 1 1/2 hours 112, not bad for a Novis

DSC_7238.jpg

DSC_7122.jpg

DSC_7125.jpg

DSC_7134.jpg

DSC_6978.jpg

DSC_6988.jpg

@go on the working whippet forum that may help

hey lads i have been thinking on getting a dog for rabbits for a while now, i am thinking of a whippet but would love if you guys could give me some info on them before i buy...all i will be doing is rabbits, lamping and ferreting...would a whippet have enough stamina for a hard nights lamping???...are they easily injured???...which would you think is better a dog or a bitch???

could you please give me some useful info on this breed as i dont have much experience with the breed...

thanks alot

craig

go on the working whippet forum that may help

hey lads i have been thinking on getting a dog for rabbits for a while now, i am thinking of a whippet but would love if you guys could give me some info on them before i buy...all i will be doing is rabbits, lamping and ferreting...would a whippet have enough stamina for a hard nights lamping???...are they easily injured???...which would you think is better a dog or a bitch???

could you please give me some useful info on this breed as i dont have much experience with the breed...

thanks alot

craig