out for a walk

Went out tonight for a walk after work. It was already gettin dark by the time I got to the first mile I was gonna walk but oh well. I took off but forgot to put my coon light on but Cotton still managed to catch a rabbit that tried to put the moves on the dogs by running under a concrete bridge and across a bunch of big rocks. I have no idea how she did it so dont ask but she caught it. Then I thought I'd go coon huntin for awhile with them cause they are death on coons at night if there is one out and about. Went to a big timber and walked it down a mile and circled back through it and along the creek. NOTHIN!

Decided to go one more spot. I park and get out and to the right is a chizel plowed field which pisses me off but anyhow as I park and step out I see Cotton and Blue take off. I had my coon light on so I threw the beam out there and they are bearing down on a coyote. I giggity giggitied Stitch and off he went. I know they have to take the coyote across an 80 of frozen chizel plow and figure they will just quit him at the road. I jump in the truck and back out and hammer on it and fly around the corner and my bright lights catch something way up the road flyin. I punch it and I see the two bitches flyin and Stitch gainin. As I cruise up I see the coyote in front and Stitch is passin the two bitches, crippled and all. Blue spooked from the headlights but Cotton kept on but Stitch goes for the catch and flops down in the ditch and rolls. I dont see no coyote but I see three dogs running around like idiots. I jump out and look in this tube under the road and I'll be damned the coyotes in there. He looks like he is gonna bolt so I run to the other side and shine the light in and Stitch sees him and goes in and all hell breaks loose and Cotton flys in behind him. Next thing Stitch draws Mr. Coyote and we got a dead coyote on the ice in this ditch. I had to go weigh him cause I knew he was huge. 37 dog gone pound male. I was high on life folks. That ties for 3rd place with the biggest coyote I have ever killed. Only two I have seen have ever weighed more. A 40.5 and a 38 pounder. The 38 pounder was my first coyote I ever caught "with my own dogs".

Ya, he is much rougher than the bitches. No bitch will hang with a rough male dog. Maybe 1 in a 1000 but that not realistic. The males just bring so much more to the table. As far as speed though, he was much much faster at one time but he isnt any more. He is crippled now but still on a dead straight away on easy runnin, he can fly. Bitches overall can usually hang in the speed department. And sometimes will be the fastest dogs out. Stitch was just a freak of nature before he got hurt.

Ya, he is much rougher than the bitches. No bitch will hang with a rough male dog. Maybe 1 in a 1000 but that not realistic. The males just bring so much more to the table. As far as speed though, he was much much faster at one time but he isnt any more. He is crippled now but still on a dead straight away on easy runnin, he can fly. Bitches overall can usually hang in the speed department. And sometimes will be the fastest dogs out. Stitch was just a freak of nature before he got hurt.

Thanks Dan, :thumbs: ye with most males dogs they do seem to give that

extra thump when needed :thumbs: