NO ICEMAN, WE ALL KNOW THAT IN DOUBLES 1 DOG CAN DO THE WORK OR TURN THE HARE INTO ANOTHERS MOUTH FOR EXAMPLE .ALTHOUGH A KILL IS POINTED IT IS RARELY THE DECIDING FACTOR. IVE ONLY BEEN A JUDGE AT A DOUBLED UP DAY ONCE SO EXCUSE ME IF IM NOT PRECISE ICEMAN. POINTS SYSTEM BEGINS FROM THE SLIPS FOR THE FIRST DOG TO REACH & TURN THE HARE, DURING THE COURSE A GO BYE IS ALSO POINTED, THIS MEANS THE DOG HAS CAME FROM BEHIND AT LEAST THE LENGTH OF THE LEADING DOG TO REACH & TURN THE HARE. BASICALLY THE DOG WHICH PUTS THE MOST IN SHOULD BE AWARDED THE FLAG. SINGLE HANDED IS OBVIOUSLY ABOUT THE DOG KILLING THE HARE, AS LONG AS THE DOG WHEN SLIPPED REACHES & TURNS THE HARE, IT IS DEEMED TO HAVE CAME TO TERMS & THE CHASE IS ON. ALTHOUGH THE DOG IS ONLY AWARDED THE KILL ON THE HARE IT IS SLIPPED ON,IF IT THEN TAKES AFTER & KILLS ANOTHER HARE THAT IS NOT TAKEN IN TO ACCOUNT.(as happened twice with C N`s Snowy at the Forley Legend`s) OBVIOUSLY ALL THIS APPLY`S PRE BAN &IM SURE OTHERS WILL GIVE A BETTER ANSWER THAN MYSELF TO YOUR QUESTION.:thumbs: Scan100012.jpg

good answer optimus !!! these are the rules of doubled up coursing !!! UNLESS your DON SOUTHARD !!! Then your bitch can lead up to the hare by at least 50 yards put the first two full turn's into the hare, then dive in to kill the hare, miss and somersault !! allowing the other dog in to put a couple of half turn's in, then southard's bitch scores a massive go-bye, put's another two or three sharp turn's into the hare before the hare escapes with his life through a thick hedge !!! a formality for don's bitch "LADY" NO TONY HOWLEY RAISED THE FLAG FOR THE OTHER DOG !!!!!!!:censored: :censored: :censored: I've never seen such daylight robbery !!!!! and i did'nt waste any time telling mr howley !!!!:gunsmilie: this diabolical decsion stopped "LADY" making it 3 or 4 years on the trot for the "doubled up " forley as well as winning the single handed for 2 years also !!!!!! a top class bitch rarely mentioned !!!!:wallbash:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

foxey was the best ever match bitch ive seen her run a hare on a tarmac rd for 3 mins and catch massive heart twice a week easy

another story about foxy and many of u wont believe it but it as true as i sit here in me conservatory . i was with cn and a few others and cn wa s walking a big seeded field anyways police came 2

I'm not going to knock either of these great bitches, nor either owner as I respect both of them, but Foxy's record at match running will probably never be beaten. However Dancer beat her in the Forle

if it the same heidi what as sold a lad in stockton for a grand too i seen it run

foxey was the best ever match bitch ive seen her run a hare on a tarmac rd for 3 mins and catch massive heart twice a week easy

i seen foxy have a 5 minuter when we got to her her legs had gone and she was wobling all over we took hare off her and then walked her to get her legs back then half hours she ran another hare for a good 6 mins trying to get hare under control she eventually killed it in a dyke when we got there she was laid with hare . this is one of the things i seen this bitch do. massive hearted bitch but full of brains as well .

NO ICEMAN, WE ALL KNOW THAT IN DOUBLES 1 DOG CAN DO THE WORK OR TURN THE HARE INTO ANOTHERS MOUTH FOR EXAMPLE .ALTHOUGH A KILL IS POINTED IT IS RARELY THE DECIDING FACTOR. IVE ONLY BEEN A JUDGE AT A DOUBLED UP DAY ONCE SO EXCUSE ME IF IM NOT PRECISE ICEMAN. POINTS SYSTEM BEGINS FROM THE SLIPS FOR THE FIRST DOG TO REACH & TURN THE HARE, DURING THE COURSE A GO BYE IS ALSO POINTED, THIS MEANS THE DOG HAS CAME FROM BEHIND AT LEAST THE LENGTH OF THE LEADING DOG TO REACH & TURN THE HARE. BASICALLY THE DOG WHICH PUTS THE MOST IN SHOULD BE AWARDED THE FLAG. SINGLE HANDED IS OBVIOUSLY ABOUT THE DOG KILLING THE HARE, AS LONG AS THE DOG WHEN SLIPPED REACHES & TURNS THE HARE, IT IS DEEMED TO HAVE CAME TO TERMS & THE CHASE IS ON. ALTHOUGH THE DOG IS ONLY AWARDED THE KILL ON THE HARE IT IS SLIPPED ON,IF IT THEN TAKES AFTER & KILLS ANOTHER HARE THAT IS NOT TAKEN IN TO ACCOUNT.(as happened twice with C N`s Snowy at the Forley Legend`s) OBVIOUSLY ALL THIS APPLY`S PRE BAN &IM SURE OTHERS WILL GIVE A BETTER ANSWER THAN MYSELF TO YOUR QUESTION.:thumbs: Scan100012.jpg

cheers thx for answering back :thumbs:

• Like 1

Optimus are those two black dogs Keiths Tor and Harry's Lisa by any chance? Lisa went on to contest the final with Dancer.

If so I think Tor got the rough end of the stick on that run. From the angle we were watching I thought Tor clearly won but the judge was at right angles to us and it can't have been easy comparing two similar coloured dogs at that distance even with the collars.

• Like 1

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Of course they are Toby, and it takes a very special animal to win against the best at both. I'm a big fan of these two and have the above pics on my back room wall.....the one of Dancer when she won the Forley cup is a rare one NOT taken by Optimus, lol.

Optimus are those two black dogs Keiths Tor and Harry's Lisa by any chance? Lisa went on to contest the final with Dancer.

If so I think Tor got the rough end of the stick on that run. From the angle we were watching I thought Tor clearly won but the judge was at right angles to us and it can't have been easy comparing two similar coloured dogs at that distance even with the collars.

IM SURE T HOWLEY WAS THE JUDGE BOLIO & APOLOGISED AFTERWARDS, BUT TO BE FAIR BOTH DOGS ARE VERY SIMILAR. THESE THINGS HAPPEN. WHAT MADE TOR REMARKABLE WAS THAT HE HAD A HUGE FRACTURED KNUCKLE, YET HE WAS 1 OF THE FASTEST MOST COMMITED DOGS I HAVE EVER SEEN. TOR OF DARTMOOR HALF CROSS BUT BOY HE HAD SOME GEAR ABOUT HIM & GAME AS THEY COME. ONE OF MY FAVOURITE DOGS I EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF RUNNING WITH. HERES A PHOTO OF HIM IN YOUNGER DAYS :thumbs:IMG_0007-1-1.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Of course they are Toby, and it takes a very special animal to win against the best at both. I'm a big fan of these two and have the above pics on my back room wall.....the one of Dancer when she won the Forley cup is a rare one NOT taken by Optimus, lol.

QUALITY DOGS DESERVES SUCH RECOGNITION. FOXY WAS CLASS, A TRUE STAR.....PS/NO MORE PHOTOS FOR YOU BOLIO, lol>>>:thumbs:

A question for Ian , whats the best animal Foxy produced ????????????

NOW THATS A QUESTION & A HALF ROBERTO?????? THAT QUESTION ENSURES FOXY WILL BE LONG REMEMBERED AFTER THE 64 MATCHES STATISTIC & FORLEY CUP ARE FORGOTTEN:thumbs:
  • Like 1