keeping ferrets in chicken coop

heres mine that I got beffore xmes, just a cpl of bits to do to them, mesh the bottom and put a turn button where the pull out tray is, other than that they are great. ebay 125quid lot cheaper and nice put together

we have one of those aswell they are spot on... and it keeps the ferrets fit as they can run around alot more than if they were in a hutch. and we got ours of ebay... came in 2 days and so easy to build.

well worth it.

kev

thanks for the replies everyone :thumbs: will have a look on ebay

As some have mentioned, the mesh size/type can be a worry, you need to use weldmesh instead of the chicken wire/ twistmesh. This can be bought in panels or rolls, wicks do a roll cheep enough.

ferrets can get out through chicken wire, i had a hob push through it :icon_eek: , live and learn :whistling: . 1" x 1/4" should be perfect :thumbs:

thanks for the replies everyone :thumbs: will def have a look on ebay.. kobi2k4 how do you find cleaning it out? do they use one corner? thanks

yeah the little cow bags go under the house bit its a pain but still worth buying lol ...... like said it is the weld mesh type ot chicken wire on it so no escapes ......

I've got my two in a very similar one, from ebay too, and one problem I find with it is that whatever I put in the ground level area get soaking wet whenever it rains simply because it's at ground level. Despite this they both seem to prefer sleeping downstairs instead of in the nesting box. :wallbash:

mine sleep in the nest box, its going to be cold on the ground when I get the concrete pad down, try makeing ur self a rain cover out of two shower curtians and buggy rain cover cost about 5quid cheaper than buying one pre made thats what iv opted for. shame I cant think of an idear for the Crap corner its a pain bendin right down and under, but worth it.