grey x whippet

my mate who trains greyhounds bought a bitch thinking it was a pure grey but says its to small for the running track and thinks it might have a bit of whippet in her,he said i could have her for nowt if i want,i am only starting out in this game,just wondered what anyone thinks about this,the dog is 15 mths old ,he says sit,stay and recall are all good,my main quarry will be hare and the ground would be small open fields.thanks

my mate who trains greyhounds bought a bitch thinking it was a pure grey but says its to small for the running track and thinks it might have a bit of whippet in her,he said i could have her for nowt if i want,i am only starting out in this game,just wondered what anyone thinks about this,the dog is 15 mths old ,he says sit,stay and recall are all good,my main quarry will be hare and the ground would be small open fields.thanks

Greyhound trainers dont usually buy dogs they train them for their owners :whistling: and the dogs papers would tell how it was bred :thumbs: and never known a greyhound trainer havea dog sit and stay coursing dogs recall YES thats in their interest

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview

Greyhound trainers dont usually buy dogs they train them for their owners :whistling: and the dogs papers would tell how it was bred :thumbs: and never known a greyhound trainer havea dog sit and stay coursing dogs recall YES thats in their interest

Y.I.S Leeview

Thats what ment but you have put it better....

Think leeview put it spot on mate,could be hes trying to get rid of a problem dog but the dog is free and of the right age give it a go but if it fails dont sell it on as a world beater theres to many of them doing that already best of luck with it mate you never know your luck it might turn out a little stomper.

you can have alot of fun with mate,just build up the stamina greadually,mines is grey/whippet bitch,very quick but stamina needs to be kept up with,she will course anything but wont take charlie,give it plenty room to find its legs,they dont like taking bumps.