jill Ferret

how old is the jill she might be moulting her summer coat

a.t.b.W.D

Shes about 8 year old now. All the Gills(7) are left in together year round with 2 vasectomised hobs and I've never seen this in my time :no: Her skin does look a bit dry but nothing out of the ordinary and she seems happy enough and is eating well.

hi mate i had this with one of mine basically she uis malting but her we hormons are every where cause the mating season is ending i know my lot have been out for ages what i did was mixed a little milk egg and veg oil together and let her havre it it will nourish the skin clean her out and help her loads

Guest craftycarper

Try this should work a treat

ProductImage.gif

the following is a pic of my mates three day's after on this treatment

images.jpg

Sorry about that...on a more serious note be careful with the eggs, it can cause the hair loss if you are not careful. Keep an eye on the fert, as long as it's eating ok and the weight is not dropping off all should be ok. If youre gonna give milk give the whiskas cat milk, come in a little white & purple bottle about 63p, it's better for them :)

Try this should work a treat

ProductImage.gif

the following is a pic of my mates three day's after on this treatment

images.jpg

Sorry about that...on a more serious note be careful with the eggs, it can cause the hair loss if you are not careful. Keep an eye on the fert, as long as it's eating ok and the weight is not dropping off all should be ok. If youre gonna give milk give the whiskas cat milk, come in a little white & purple bottle about 63p, it's better for them :)

CC have you a phone number for the hair restorer :11:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:11: Nice one, CC! Reminds me of all these 'Dannone' / 'Yakult' etc. etc. products Irish tv adverts are made up of these days. Is it the same in uk now? Seems like everything from farting to brain cancer can now be put to rights with an expensive little tub of f***ing yoghurt! Moment I saw that, I thought it was another one! F***in stuff :D

does she have any fleas? My ferret lost hair along her back after getting about 100 fleas after ratting and i just couldn't shift them with any of the flea killing crap. I ended up giving her a bath and picking every flea off with tweezers. If it was just moulting wouldn't it be all over not just her back?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Hang about a minute: " PhilG " started this thread. " Thumbless ", Are you just voicing an opinion to " Ferretlove " there? Or have you got the same problem?

Either way, it's been quite long enough, hasn't it? PhilG: How's the ferret, mate?

And, to either of you two: Dare I ask what ye feeding them on ....?

There are lots of things that could be the cause of a ferret loosing its coat to the degree the origonal poster described, all i have done is put up a link , its not to say this jill has adrenal , she could be thinning as she is an elderly ferret, but its worth exploring as many options as possible,

If i have offened anyone by putting a link up then sorry,

:clapper: She seems to be picking up now hair is starting to grow back. I've changed her off rabbit and pigeon and put her on tinned and dry ferret food mixed for a couple of days and she seems better. Dont know if she just needed a bit of a change or what?

Jordan good to hear from you mate. Alls well here hope you are getting on ok you jammy bugger!!