speed collie greyhound

Guest collie greyhound

I went to Hancocks the other day and they reckon so, they say collies will catch rabbits but the prob is i dont swop and change if i buy a dog i am the boss through its whole life and i bury it, so im puzzled :unsure: as weather to go hancock or look for a beddie x whippet.

As I say i bury my own dogs so i have it for 16yrs or so IT HAS TO BE THE RIGHT DOG.,

ive looked at a few in admag and dont know weather to go whippet x beddie or whippet x greyhound.

Daytime rabbits is my thing

some say collie x grey first cross will do it some say you need 3/4 grey

IM CONFUSED :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

I HAVE TRANED MY DOG TO THE WORK AND IF YOU LIKE COLLIExOR BEDDIEx& WHIPPETxIT IS UP TO YOU GO FOR IT :clapper::clapper::clapper:

collie greyhounds have ample speed to catch daytime rabbits wether they be hunted up or ferreted and they have bags of stamina., regards collie john.

give it time collie cross will thry got speed to catch but it take time do not tink like me that thery sould pick them up frist time out , talk to as many people as you can who got collie geryhounds i got mine from d hancocks , ;) had some happy times with him takeing my time with him had one rabbit with him on the lamp but going to take him ferreting with nets then a month or two to let him grow up

all the best foxmen

good luck to you in finding what you want , iam still looking lol lol

I HAVE TRANED MY DOG TO THE WORK AND IF YOU LIKE COLLIExOR BEDDIEx& WHIPPETxIT IS UP TO YOU GO FOR IT :clapper::clapper::clapper:

collie greyhounds have ample speed to catch daytime rabbits wether they be hunted up or ferreted and they have bags of stamina., regards collie john.

is this firstcross border x grey or what?????

Guest Nightwalker
is a collie greyhound fast enoth 2 catch day time rabbits often or ferreted rabbits

:hmm:;)

Depends on the ground you are running on, they might struggle on short grass

Edited by Nightwalker
give it time collie cross will thry got speed to catch but it take time do not tink like me that thery sould pick them up frist time out , talk to as many people as you can who got collie geryhounds i got mine from d hancocks , ;) had some happy times with him takeing my time with him had one rabbit with him on the lamp but going to take him ferreting with nets then a month or two to let him grow up

all the best foxmen

Hi Mate what is he Border 1st cross Grey?

3/4 Grey?????

Beardie1/8 ....border 1/8 3/4 Grey is he fast enough for Daytime Rabbits????

all the best foxmen

Hi Mate what is he Border 1st cross Grey?

3/4 Grey?????

Beardie1/8 ....border 1/8 3/4 Grey is he fast enough for Daytime Rabbits????

hi mate hes a beardie 1cross greyhound and he fast you will not belive it you got to see him run ; he had one rabbit going to take him ferreting to boost him up so he can grow up lol but you got to wait give them time do not give up on them ;)

all the best foxmen

hi foxman did you take your pup out at the weekend? took mine out for a quick shine she had another 1 still dont strike quick enough tho she runs them for a long time before she picks them up.

how old is your bitch,you can start them to early ,the key is patience pick your rabbits and dont be disheartened if she doesn,t catch also dont over do it as it can affect the dog,s confidence.plenty of perseverence and patience on your behalf and your bitch will start picking them up. regards collie john.

I just got a pup the sire is a pure whippet and the dam is a first collie X greyhound!

According to the breeder the dam has picked up 2 hares out of 3 runs so if there quick enough for hares can't see them being to slow for rabbits.

I hope there quick enpugh and nearly everyone Ive spoke to close to my area say their brilliant dog!

But I have been told its alot to do with how much work you put in with your dog. :rofl:

I just got a pup the sire is a pure whippet and the dam is a first collie X greyhound!

According to the breeder the dam has picked up 2 hares out of 3 runs so if there quick enough for hares can't see them being to slow for rabbits.

I hope there quick enpugh and nearly everyone Ive spoke to close to my area say their brilliant dog!

But I have been told its alot to do with how much work you put in with your dog. :rofl:

was they advertised in countrymans weekly last week