• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used it on my dogs for years,its good for worms,thicks,mange and other skin problems and even hearthworm.but you need to bee carefull use 4ml*10 kilos of weight.

another good and cheap wormer is Nemex pop caps

Edited by valerio
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry lads but i have to say keep well clear of that ivomac crap.

i have seen idiots give slightly too much and the result was a 28 inch deerhound drop to

the ground i never used it and wont .

i know a couple of lads that have sworn by it over the years and gave the right dose

only too often and it ruined their lurchers one of them they could not even breed from

and served many bitches with no luck.it is only a last resort in my eyes

all the best

macker

• 1 year later...
Guest lurcherboy2008
what a load of crap,,, sure it was the farm lads that started using it on theyre collies!!!

trust mate it does do damage to collie blooded lurchers i thought the same as you untill i tried it then was told about it, lurcher survived but was real bard for 3 weeks i wouldnt even bother trying it with collie blooded dogs iv learnt from my lesson just letting people who think it dont do damage that it can, also all my other dogs were fine off it the terriers and other lurcher :thumbs:

Guest lurcherboy2008
i like a short cut as much as the next man but at the end of the day i suppose its not worth the risk :thumbs: ...

its not, i used it for mange, ill never use it again she only had half a ml terriers only had a quarter each and that done enough damage to the lurcher bitch, IF i ever do have mange here again ill be spraying her with duramytex, also is sheep dip any good for mange? i know it kills fleas but what about mange mites? should imagine it would do the job

Guest oldskool
i like a short cut as much as the next man but at the end of the day i suppose its not worth the risk :thumbs: ...

its not, i used it for mange, ill never use it again she only had half a ml terriers only had a quarter each and that done enough damage to the lurcher bitch, IF i ever do have mange here again ill be spraying her with duramytex, also is sheep dip any good for mange? i know it kills fleas but what about mange mites? should imagine it would do the job

i dont know what vets are like where your at?? but here they can give a jab that covers most mange mites and it cost about £3 a time... one injection will make a hell of a difference within about 2 days and the second will be given about 2 weeks later... i've never had to get anymore than 2 injections, even in some pretty bad cases... some vets will try and sell you all sorts of mange wash and powders and that could run up a bill of about £40 - £50... tell them the injection is all ye want and go home and change the bedding over...

i dont know the crack with sheep dip now??? the old stuff i used to get was brilliant but i think things have change since then?? i remember the stuff i had would have burnt the fur off a dog if it wasnt diluted well enough... i get frontline now and its brilliant... there is a spot on ( i dont think its frontline?? ) stuff the vet can give which will kill everything from fleas to worms... they are usually about £4 for a sachet :thumbs:

i dont know what vets are like where your at?? but here they can give a jab that covers most mange mites and it cost about £3 a time... one injection will make a hell of a difference within about 2 days and the second will be given about 2 weeks later... i've never had to get anymore than 2 injections, even in some pretty bad cases... some vets will try and sell you all sorts of mange wash and powders and that could run up a bill of about £40 - £50... tell them the injection is all ye want and go home and change the bedding over...

i dont know the crack with sheep dip now??? the old stuff i used to get was brilliant but i think things have change since then?? i remember the stuff i had would have burnt the fur off a dog if it wasnt diluted well enough... i get frontline now and its brilliant... there is a spot on ( i dont think its frontline?? ) stuff the vet can give which will kill everything from fleas to worms... they are usually about £4 for a sachet :thumbs:

I have just forked out over £200 for Alidex Washes.. and as soon as i stopped !it come back.. used over 3 tubs of nu-stock and that did not cure it.. used stonghold and that also did not cure it... so Ivormec super is my last option... I may photo some vets up about this jab do you know what its called ?