.243 scope

personally, why limit yourself to 200 yards, IF you are not confident past this range try getting on target on paper first, Its an excellent scope and will do the job spot on for you.

however, if you increase your ability, you'll want to extend the range somewhat and need variable power..... just something to think on.... before you make your decision...

good luck.

HI there, if the majority of your shots are say 70-200m them i think the 8x56 would be fine, I have a 6x42 on my .17 HMR and though it does obscure some of the target (rabbit head) i can still make an accurate shot, you have to take slightly more time over it. Though a variable scope is nice to have it's not absolutely necessary though with rabbit shooting at a small target, the extra mag would help, up until the USMC changed their Day sniper scope to the S&B they use now, I think they were still using a fixed 10X scope! so i would say if you don't want to spend the earth but still want quality optics, then go for it! and yes they do have a 30 year warranty, within the first 10 years they will absorb the costs for materials, after that you pay

DB

been looking at a s&b 8x56 hungarian scope for my .243 would be used for both fox and deer fox shot's no more than 200 ish yards any good for the job :gunsmilie:

Go the s&b variable by 56 although it will require highish mounts it will make running shots on deer easier at the lower magnifications. In Aust. fixed scopes are no longer popular as the diversity of the variable allows for adaptability in many condition. A great compromise for a small decrease in field of view etc. What reticle will you be looking at?As the German #4 may block out the fox.

Go the s&b variable by 56 although it will require highish mounts it will make running shots on deer easier at the lower magnifications. In Aust. fixed scopes are no longer popular as the diversity of the variable allows for adaptability in many condition. A great compromise for a small decrease in field of view etc. What reticle will you be looking at?As the German #4 may block out the fox.

I have the A7 reticle on my 6x42 and it covers about 1" or 3/4" at 100m and that's fine for head shooting bunnies, so at 8x even at 200m on a fox that would be ok as well, if i had the rifle to do it, i recon 6x is all you would need- Richard Prior (roe deer stalker extraodinaire) only uses a fixed 4x power scope! the 4A reticle i don't think is too much cop because the "gap where the fine reticle is is a bit small ie the heavy posts are too long but might be better in very low light.

also there is no difference between the hungarian and german models apart from the fact that the hungarian model is assembled in hungary! other than that they are the same- I have as I said the 6x42 hungarian, and for £440, I challenge you to find a better value for money optic with that optical quality!

Edited by danebrewer10