out this morning

king

after taking my young lad to school this morning, i decided to go out with smokey my lurcher pup and one of my jill's. the wife dropped me off down the canal, and after a 20 minutes walk got to the first small bury, only a 3 holer so neted up and entered the jill 2 minutes later out she came no 1 at home so picked the nets up and moved on into the field neted up a 6 holer put the jill in after about 3 minutes a rabbit bolted, i despatched it and in the bag it goes the jill went back down all the holes but no more rabbits so moved on a bit further to a 3 holer neted up and put the jill in about half a minute later 1 rabbit bolted then almost immediately another bolted from another hole by now i was trying to grab hold of the second rabbit when another rabbit bolted from the third hole so i had 2 rabbits in my hand and was panicking a bit how i was going to get to the third rabbit in time then my pup smokey was on it like a shot and was pining it to the ground i despatched the 2 rabbits i was holding and went to pick up the rabbit smokey was holding i told her off and she let it go straight away and despatched it and put it into the bag i was really pleased with her effort and moved on to the next 3 holer neted up enterd the ferret and stood back a few minutes later whoosh a big buck rabbit hit the net i stood back and watched what smokey would do she flew at it and pinned it to the ground till i got to her and picked it up and she released it, i was really happy how the morning turned out and chuffed with the pup for a 5 month old she really is showing keen only 1 pic because it is my camera phone.

rabbits.jpg

all the best KING