ferrets for ratting

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics molly,wouldnt mind doing a little ratting myself with a smoker as i wouldnt want my jills bringing any germs back also my little sister plays with them.

rew

In the years ive been ratting, ive NEVER had any luck with a smoker, dont know how people do it but i find they tend to stay underground and die with the fumes.

Give the Jills a quick wipe over with one of those antisepic surface wipes, and just keep her away from them for a day. I know Weils disease is terrible but the likely hood of catching it if you maintain good hygiene is very slight.

MOLL.

heres a picture of a little polecat jill i was given bred for ratting the hobs are just alittle larger. next to her is a normal sized hob

v008qn7.jpg

I've also got an albino Jill this size, works a dream on rabbits :yes: However, she hasn't been tried ratting...

I would love to have a shed full of hob's for ratting but it just about impossible to get some that are small enough for the job..

Millet

I have got a very nice size(small) polecat hob & a very small albino jill Millet, should throw some nice size stuff next year..............you are welcome to as many hobs as I get mate :thumbs-up:

Free of charge of course.. :yes:

JOEB

I will stick a couple of pics on so you can judge the size for yourself

Im the same, the last time i ferreted rats, it was from under an old garage base, we sent in two jills and a hob just to flush them out to waiting terriers.

They did the job well, but i jill failed to come out for over an hour. When she finally came out, she needed a trip to the vets to be stitched up, she took one hell of a kicking whilst under there.

From now on, i tend to stick to the rabbits :hmm:

big ferrets you want [bANNED TEXT]