New Ferret Court

Guest jdh488

Hi all, just built a new ferret court. It took two days to finish and cost £65 to build. I was given two new young gils last week by the local animal refuge so I wanted to give them a nice new big court to go into with my other 3 ferrets.

See what you think :)

]My Webpage[/url]

The wood layed out prior to assembly, all cut to size at the local Timber care center

p1010172na5.jpg" target="_blank">My Webpage

Joined the two back panels of 9mm ply with a 100mm fence rail.

p1010173vv1.jpg" target="_blank">My Webpage

Used a piece of 4x2 for the base and fitted the side panels

p1010175cs0.jpg" target="_blank">My Webpage

Used 3x1 rough cut timber for the frame and attached the side panels

]My Webpage

Then fitted the base, not rerquired if you intend to use a concrete base which i dont have.

p1010177qg6.jpg

fitted the front panels and the rear panel to give the basic shap and build of the court.

p1010181qb0.jpg

Fitted mesh to fill in the gaps and made a door frame from the rough cut timber.

p1010182zt4.jpg

Painted the whole shed with cuprinol for protection and water proofing and acquired a piece of roofing sheet from the local double glazing place, it was a misscut offpiece that fit perfect.

p1010183nu9.jpg

Built two bedding boxes and fitted some runs, shelves and half a fallen tree for them to climb.

p1010196kp8.jpg

Hey presto some offcuts of piping from the local gas depo and the ferrets put in to the court, and five happy ferrets that can have all the space and fun they need thet is easy to clean out every day and plenty of room for them all to get at the daily fresh rabbit.

Cheers, still plenty of bunnies about round here, just starting to pick up now got a dozen a couple of days ago that were all a good size and bolted well.

Give me a shout if you are down in the area and we can have a look out.

Dave

Hi I just drew a sketch and then got the boards cut to the right sizes to make sure i only needed 4 8x4 boards. eg the back 6ft, the fronts 2ft and the sides 4 ft, leaving 1 full board for the floor or the roof.

then 6x4.8m lengths of rough cut timber for the frame.

Cheers

Dave

Had to make some slight adaptations today to the interior shelving as the ferrets were playing the hig jump of the top shelf straight down to the floor, they dont seem bothered by it but it made my heart stop when i saw them doing it.

Got hold of some land drainage pipes for them as well and ran it up to the top shelves and around the back of the shed, this seemed to keep them occupied for a number of hours this afternoon as all five started a big game of bite the leader. I wish i had my video set up as it would have been worth £250 of beadles money!!!!