certificate

i noticed they cashed my cheque today, does that mean i'll get my certificate, and how long do you think it will be before the fao comes round?

In general your cheque goes in one direction and your application in another, long way to go yet!

If it's been a couple of weeks it's worth giving them a quick ring and asking for an update.

Chill, 2 weeks is nothing in the life of a FAC application, especially as it seems most of it was over Xmas and the New Year!!

i noticed they cashed my cheque today, does that mean i'll get my certificate, and how long do you think it will be before the fao comes round?

The 'payments' office & 'licensing' office are two different sections, so it means little. At this stage I would sit back and wait, forget about it for a good few weeks. It makes no sense phoning them, your a new applicant, so hold fire for now.

As for times, well it's a bit of a lotto. A mate has his FAC application processes with in four weeks and was out buying a rifle with in six weeks. I have heard of people waiting six months. I have my renewal this year and what fun that will be.

Why is it that every year there IS a back log and all certificates will be held up, conversely from the above I will be found on the phone playing holy hell but then I'm not a new applicant and in fairness the licensing department never really hears from me, one renewal to the next as I don't swap or change much these days. Spend a bit of time reading up on the calibres you have applied for, read up on general rifle shooting practices and make some plans for your first live fire rifle, the FEO will call soon. Good luck.

John

Edited by HUnter_zero

They always cash the cheque and give you a refund if they don't grant the certificate.

Times can vary according to police area. Also, many forces still have a period every few years of increased workload from when certs were renewable every three years because a load come up for renewal at the same time.

One thing I always tend to point out to people is not to worry because you have a right in law to be granted a certificate if you meet the criteria laid down in the Act. An FAC, or SGC, is not, as many people think, something that is in the gift of the police or is given as a priviledge. It is your right and that is clear when you read the legislation.

J.