saluli pup

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont mean to sound arrogant but no i havnt seen terrence clarks film ,and to be perfectly honest im not really interested what he says ,he isnt a iraqi /kurd so alot of the information on that is well!! it would be vertually imposible right now to get anything dog wise out of kurdistan ,it is far to dangerous ,politicly out there the breeder of my pup is kurdish and he cant ,and hes been at it 40 years so that door is closed for 3 years or whenever if ever the regime alters,and and he only has 1 male 100% kurdish dog with him and its only a pup so that is closed for 2/3 years .. i/ we got really lucky with what we got it will never be repeated from direct kurdish imports .untill new blood from iraq can be aquired ,alot has to do with earning the trust of the breeder it takes time and money and travel mybe not for every one but it was a dream to me to get a kurdish sal ,and i got lucky my dream came true ;)

U AINT BEING ARROGANT. BUT THE FILM WAS MADE PRE 91 WHEN OBVIOUSLY BRITISH DIPLOMATS HAD 2 LEAVE IRAQ. FILM IS POOR QUALITY BUT THE AMOUNT OF SALUKIS IN IRAQ WAS AMAZING. ME & MY FRIENDS WERE PLANNING 2 VISIT A HOUND SHOW IN BELGUIM LAST YEAR WITH THE PROMISE OF CONTACTS WITH VIEW 2 IMPORTING A SALUKI/BUT DIDNT COME OFF IM AFRAID. HAVE DUG OUT GAIL GOODMANS, THE SALUQI FOR A GOOD READ 2NITE. U HAVE PUT IN A LOT OF TIME & EFFORT & OBVIOUSLY WASNT CHEAP EITHER. GOOD LUCK 2 U. SOMETIMES DREAMS DO COME TRUE.

i have never seen a saluki as heavily muscled as the white bitch above considering they are a flat muscled dog it looks like its on the roids to me

shes a cracker aint she , shes Arabian Saluki from UAE ...riohogs pups sire and dam are Iranian

there a good money spinner.

if your in it for a match dog you could buy a well breed lurcher pup (i wouldnt go for a full bred unless mainlie to earn on pups) £300 to £500. you could get 6 pups from dif litters for the money your going to lay out on your saluki. dont get me wrong i like salukis but you wont find them in many a subaru boot. and i know one hasnt won the forley cup.

shadow likes his coursing so his one all be tested proper. time will tell. its all to much doe for me at the mo!

rio just seen this post!!! lol nice pup gorgeous parents well done for getting it and atb :)

as for some of the posts saying that they would rather have a lurcher x well horses for courses i agree that you can get a great dog over here but imo theres nowt like a good pure saluki, yeah people can have them to make money i could use my pure when he's old enough to make money if im honest i wont unless he proves himself in the field ban or no ban!!!

if anyone has permission wherever in the country with long ears next season and fancies inviting me out to watch my pure saluki run drop me a line then if he jacks or does very well then i have been out with someone i dont know who can slate/vouch for me and the dog simple as that, rio again all the best for the year :D...daks