skating on thin ice

Took the grandkids 10 7 and 4 and dogs for for a walk yesterday passed a local lake which has a monument to some young uns who drowned there a few years ago it was frozen over and covered in snow signs all round the lake were warnings of thin ice , I explained to the kids what the monument was for and the dangers of walking on the ice ,About 15 minutes later we had walked around the lake a bit and I saw a group of adults probably in their 40s with their kids walk onto the ice and start jumping up and down the ice was creaking under their weight my young uns aked why they were doing this I could only tell them that they were fools ,really I wanted to say fecking idiots why do some people put themselves in such danger its beyond me....rant over

Took the grandkids 10 7 and 4 and dogs for for a walk yesterday passed a local lake which has a monument to some young uns who drowned there a few years ago it was frozen over and covered in snow signs all round the lake were warnings of thin ice , I explained to the kids what the monument was for and the dangers of walking on the ice ,About 15 minutes later we had walked around the lake a bit and I saw a group of adults probably in their 40s with their kids walk onto the ice and start jumping up and down the ice was creaking under their weight my young uns aked why they were doing this I could only tell them that they were fools ,really I wanted to say fecking idiots why do some people put themselves in such danger its beyond me....rant over

Truth be known I'm sure must of us have played on ice. I fortunatly wasn't foolish eough to venture out onto anything deep.

To top it I remember a group of blokes driving a Mini on a frozen fishing/water sking lake when I was a lad!!!

Truth be known I'm sure must of us have played on ice. I fortunatly wasn't foolish eough to venture out onto anything deep.

To top it I remember a group of blokes driving a Mini on a frozen fishing/water sking lake when I was a lad!!!

Remember my dad telling me that in the 70's our local fishing lake was 16inch thick with ice and they had a car and a fire on it, everybody was skating aswell