some pointers please

take your time,think what your doing,its to easy to get over excited,allso dont forget its your dogs first time too,just because you can see the rabbit it doesnt mean that he can,he wont know to look down the beam,try and get close to your rabbits dont let the dog go untill your sure he has seen what you have seen,some dogs learn quick,some take longer,just be patient and dont get frustrated if things arent going as you planned.

good luck brock

take your time,think what your doing,its to easy to get over excited,allso dont forget its your dogs first time too,just because you can see the rabbit it doesnt mean that he can,he wont know to look down the beam,try and get close to your rabbits dont let the dog go untill your sure he has seen what you have seen,some dogs learn quick,some take longer,just be patient and dont get frustrated if things arent going as you planned.

good luck brock

excellent advice, all I would add is to try and get between the rabbit and where it will run to ,so the dog and quarry arent running out of the beam,also when your pup does have his first success i think its a good idea to stop for the night ,try and stop on a winner its very tempting to keep going, good luck .INAN

My number one piece of advice to you would be dont get disapointed if it doesnt all go the way you want it to at first.

Somtimes dogs take to it straight away somtimes it takes longer.

The best dogs arnt always the ones who get it straight away.

Give any dog time,itll pay you back :yes:

i'd say all sound advice but my 2p's worth is when you lamp a rabbit, if it isn't on short grass then squat down and get on the same eyeline as your dog so you can get an idea of what he can see!!

I tell you its a real eye opener, i couldn't see half the rabbits i could when stood up