Terrier x Spaniel

We are looking at getting a new dog to add to the pack (why have I agreed to this!!!! :hmm: ), something for using in cover, for bushing up etc. We're going to have a look at a litter of Terrier x Spaniel pups later on this week...

They are Border x Spaniel X Russel x Spaniel.

Wondering if any one has any experience of working a Terrier x Spaniel? What are they like? Any pics? Would you recommend us getting one or not?

Thanks guys!

Shell

One the best bushing dogs i ever saw was a ESP cross Jack Russel was very tractacble amazing bushing dog, Outstanding nose. She would also draw a fox!!! Im pretty sure that if the parents are from working stuff you will have no problems.

I know SnatchFLC has a russel x spaniel and she is a very good dog to use with lurchers or guns, I have seen her flush every single bit of game from pheasants and ducks to fox's deer hare and rabbits.

The good thing is she is too big to get to ground therefore a valuable tool in the box.

This bitch however is the only one I have seen of this cross so I cant really elaborate any further.

Part of my little bushing pack is Rug, a Bedlington/Springer.

Shes a good all round cover hunting dog with a good nose, but is always pushing hard through the thickest of cover too.

Picture007.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Like Dillon says, due to their size, this type of dog cant get to ground which is a hazard anyway if you like your cover hunting and there are concealed sets around.

Her only fault is that shes totally mute when working, which is a bit frustrating when working large areas of downs, i suppose this is due to the Beddy blood, so i would think a JRT cross wouldnt have this fault :laugh:

Both her parents were workers and ive got to say i think thats vital

Hope it works out for you.

Part of my little bushing pack is Rug, a Bedlington/Springer.

Shes a good all round cover hunting dog with a good nose, but is always pushing hard through the thickest of cover too.

Like Dillon says, due to their size, this type of dog cant get to ground which is a hazard anyway if you like your cover hunting and there are concealed sets around.

Her only fault is that shes totally mute when working, which is a bit frustrating when working large areas of downs, i suppose this is due to the Beddy blood, so i would think a JRT cross wouldnt have this fault :laugh:

Both her parents were workers and ive got to say i think thats vital

Hope it works out for you.

THAT IS A GOOD LOOKING DOG COUNTRYMAN :drink:;)

Edited by MOLLY

Nice looking dog Countryman! :)

The parents of the litter are both workers, which like you say, is vital. The bitches in the litter are black and white, I suppose they'll be easier to see in cover than the Borders are!!!

I think we've already decided... we'll no doubt be putting a deposit down on one of the pups!!! :clapper:

Thanks for all your replies everyone!

Shell