Bipod on a under-lever

Not really suitable Buddy,shooting a spring gun from a bipod is a bit of a no go as the recoil will cause it to bounce,stick to a gentle unrestricted hold and maybe a soft cushion to steady yourself on.

Aww damn.

will have to try and get a new gun then,problem is I don't really like PCPs because I have to fire it off after,so if I take like 5 shots and 5 rabbits then I have to fire like 100+ more times to take the cylinders out :(

As said above, firing a spring gun from a solid rest is not a good idea as the jolt from the spring inside the gun will cause the gun to move before the pellet has left the barrel. Bipods are only really any benefit on a pcp which has no recoil or centre/rimfire rifles.

Not really suitable Buddy,shooting a spring gun from a bipod is a bit of a no go as the recoil will cause it to bounce,stick to a gentle unrestricted hold and maybe a soft cushion to steady yourself on.

Aww damn.

will have to try and get a new gun then,problem is I don't really like PCPs because I have to fire it off after,so if I take like 5 shots and 5 rabbits then I have to fire like 100+ more times to take the cylinders out :(

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: what do you mean you have to take the cylinders out ? why ?

Aww damn.

No ya don't, mate.

They can be stored safely under pressure with no detriment to the gun in any way.

Co2's shouldn't be stored for long periods with gas in, but PCP's are fine.

Cheers.

Edit to say... As has been said, bipods and springers don't tend to mix. Rest it on something soft so it can recoil happily in it's own way....

Edited by andyfr1968

Mate in my opinion it's all down to personal preference.

I used a bipod with my vmached 97k with no problems at all to accuracy.

It just so happens it's not the "done thing" with most springer users.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Darryl

Darryl

Thankyou ;)

Darryl

Good point, Darryl, but your Vmached 97's not like most other springers, it's in a league above.

The recoil on your 97 will be a hell of a lot less than most and that's the problem with 'normal' springers.

Cheers.