s400 pressure

Around 200 bar should not be too far off. My 410 runs best with 190, gives me around 80 shots (.22).

Don't be temted to over-fill it, you'll ruin it. Start a little low, say 170ish, then go from there. What works best for one gun may not suit another.

Cheers.

PS. Don't rely too much on the built in guage, they can be very inaccurate. Mine reads around 20 bar high. Have yours checked.

Hmm. There is a hell of alot of shooter input on the correct fill pressure in an s400. The optimum is 165. Why?

The rifle is unregulated and so therfore has a very noticable "Power Curve" It reaches its sweet spot, ie: the part of ther fill where you will get 50-60 consistent shots from 160 down to 120. If you fill to 190, you will find that your zero point will rise as it approaches the sweey spot. Put simply:

You fill the rifle to 190

You Zero the rifle at 35 yds

As the pressures gets to 160 (ish), the power will increase by 20-30fps and you may wel see the pellet striking upto half an inch higher at 30-35 yds-which could result in a miss or wounded quarry.

Happy hunting all :thumbs:

Hmm. There is a hell of alot of shooter input on the correct fill pressure in an s400. The optimum is 165. Why?

The rifle is unregulated and so therfore has a very noticable "Power Curve" It reaches its sweet spot, ie: the part of ther fill where you will get 50-60 consistent shots from 160 down to 120. If you fill to 190, you will find that your zero point will rise as it approaches the sweey spot. Put simply:

You fill the rifle to 190

You Zero the rifle at 35 yds

As the pressures gets to 160 (ish), the power will increase by 20-30fps and you may wel see the pellet striking upto half an inch higher at 30-35 yds-which could result in a miss or wounded quarry.

Happy hunting all :thumbs:

AH!

that explains a few things!

i just bought a new scope as each time i set the scope after a days shooting it'd be out, i'd reconfigure it

then pump up the rifle & it'd be out again...........thought it was cos of a cheap scope!!!

Cheers