roe deer

HBG

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah you can use dogs to catch wounded quarry.........thats the main loophole if a shot has been fired then the quarry could be wounded and therefore a dog SHOULD be used to prevent suffering!! Infact no stalker should be without a dog be it a teckel to greyhound....they all follow scent and can pursue wounded quarry.........this applies to all species!!! so shoot at a fox and if it runs but you have reasonable concern that it is injured then it is legal to let a dog prevent suffering........

not saying your wrong mate butt you can be nicked for letting your dog kill a mouse....are you sure its not that you can let your dog track or flush an injured animal(the same as dogs flushing fox ect tho guns/birds of prey.or even they way a dog can go to ground and bay a dog as long as it dosent take hold or kill said fox<hows a dog to know is beond me)ime sure butt as i said i could be wrong that no dog is aloud to kill any animal other than a rabbit or a rat

can't kill it unless there is reasonable cause to think it is injured!

so you can't let your dog kill anything unless it is injured..........you can only use two dogs to track and flush quarry to waiting guns....but that is to do with uninjured quarry.

I'm 99.9% sure on this

yeah i think i am! well you see where illegal quarry to run is concern i seem to lose all ability to hold a gun steady then i just don't know where or if i hit it so its best to let the dog get it to make sure that no animal suffer a slow death!!

It is all about animals not suffering!!

And thats why its a sh*t, unworkable law!!

went out early this morning with a keeper friend to find a roe buck that had been causing problems for him,the deer was spotted and he got into position,but as he fired the deer must of moved and he got it in the back end :( any way i quickly ran to the wood where it was seen going and let my brothers dog go and it got on the scent and tracked the deer.its a good job he had taken the dog along(the keeper said to bring a dog as there would be a few rabbits to get a run at later on)or the poor animal would of suffered a slow and painful death.i wonder how many foxes will now suffer this type of death now dogs cant be used :no:

f**king stupid rule sooner its changed the better