bull x heads

thanks to all positive replys all info it was just that my bull gray collie grey dogs head is gatting fatter and while i am aware i looked at the pups (shees a 1st x bull grey) and im starting to see hers is getting wider and starting to get a noticeable(sp)line down the middle of her skull. thanks again.shaun

pure bred bull types heads split at certian age and i would say depending on how much bull is in the dog and how big the head is that it would other wise you would

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 'ridge' you see running down the centre of your dogs skull is a line of bone that the Jaw muscles attach to. So depending on the amount of muscle on the dogs head determines how much of the skull you can see. All dogs have that ridge, it's just more prominant in some breeds.

Bull breeds have been breed for (amoung other things) bite power, therefore the muscles across the top of the head are overly large so hide the ridge in the skull and in some cases actually bulge past the ridge, giving as you said a heart shape to the back of the head.

Hope this helps a bit.

That 'ridge' you see running down the centre of your dogs skull is a line of bone that the Jaw muscles attach to. So depending on the amount of muscle on the dogs head determines how much of the skull you can see. All dogs have that ridge, it's just more prominant in some breeds.

Bull breeds have been breed for (amoung other things) bite power, therefore the muscles across the top of the head are overly large so hide the ridge in the skull and in some cases actually bulge past the ridge, giving as you said a heart shape to the back of the head.

Hope this helps a bit.

thanks for the info bullmastiff i was wondering why i could see it in both of my dogs more than my mates collie x but theres my answer thanks again .atb shaun :thumbs:

Edited by shaun dee

Hope this helps a bit.

Bullmastiff is spot on.

The muscles are what have the 'ridge' in.

EDITED because the question was to long for what i was asking

to simple the question down DO BULL X HEADS SPLIT .sorry for other question.atb shaun

some bulls and bull lurchers have an apple head which has more skull muscle and a line down the centre most well bred bulls dont have apple heads and are more terrier type to be agile rather than a bullish shaped dog with lots of heavy muscle,most of the bull headed lurchers are full of mastiff staffy and f**k knows what,nobody puts a 35lb fit dog at 19 inch or so they use 80lb lumps that look the part,a bull should be like middle wieght boxer not a body building freak :thumbs:

It depends what quarry you are going to be using them for! Some bullx in exstream work need to be of body building size....

EDITED because the question was to long for what i was asking

to simple the question down DO BULL X HEADS SPLIT .sorry for other question.atb shaun

some bulls and bull lurchers have an apple head which has more skull muscle and a line down the centre most well bred bulls dont have apple heads and are more terrier type to be agile rather than a bullish shaped dog with lots of heavy muscle,most of the bull headed lurchers are full of mastiff staffy and f**k knows what,nobody puts a 35lb fit dog at 19 inch or so they use 80lb lumps that look the part,a bull should be like middle wieght boxer not a body building freak :thumbs:

It depends what quarry you are going to be using them for! Some bullx in exstream work need to be of body building size....

Aint that the truth! :thumbs: occasionally strength is more important than speed, differant dogs for differant jobs.

thanks to all positive replys all info it was just that my bull gray collie grey dogs head is gatting fatter and while i am aware i looked at the pups (shees a 1st x bull grey) and im starting to see hers is getting wider and starting to get a noticeable(sp)line down the middle of her skull. thanks again.shaun

pure bred bull types heads split at certian age and i would say depending on how much bull is in the dog and how big the head is that it would other wise you would

Don't be silly.

Don't be silly.

go and read up about bull type dogs how do you think there heads get so wide

Don't be silly.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, is that how you learn? Is that in the same chapter about their locking jaws? :doh:

Or you could have owned a few and got experience that way ........

Again, don't be silly, heads don't spilt, if you read the explanation above about muscle growth you might learn something.

Or, are you actually trying to say that at a certain age, the dog's head somehow splits? If that's what you're saying then perhaps you could scan the page from where you've read that.

Don't be silly.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, is that how you learn? Is that in the same chapter about their locking jaws? doh.gif

Again, don't be silly, heads don't spilt, if you read the explanation above about muscle growth you might learn something.

Or, are you actually trying to say that at a certain age, the dog's head somehow splits? If that's what you're saying then perhaps you could scan the page from where you've read that.

This man is absolutly spot on with his answer notworthy.gif

Heads do not split and jaws do not lock victory.gif

Don't be silly.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, is that how you learn? Is that in the same chapter about their locking jaws? doh.gif

oh i see they got little skulls with lots of muscle round them i never made any comment about there jaws locking im talking about the back of the skull

Guest fence_hopper

Don't be silly.

oh i see they got little skulls with lots of muscle round them i never made any comment about there jaws locking im talking about the back of the skull

theres nothing this guy doesnt no about dogs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: