cocker pup

Hi sorry to go down this route but why did you buy a pup/breed you know so little about then ask the questions?. Will you work this cocker? is it for your shooting? as by the sounds your are lucky with the quality of dog you have & you might have bought a show bred cocker by mistake & never have knowen it. Some of the welsh lines are some of the best & the back bone of many cockers today as the breed sufferd bad after world war 2. Thanks to a dedicated few they brought them back as they can be a fantastic little dogs but i would not recomend as a first dog to train as they can take quite a bit of work from an experienced trainer.

your pup has a fair bit of blood in him that mine has.

I bought mine from a working back ground after seeing his mothers side of the family i then ordered the KC 5 gen once i bought him home. turned out well over half of his line are written in red with FT CH in front of the names :clapper: 14 months on and im sure he's been on this earth before as he it like my son........a know it all.lmao.

danderw druid is my boys grand father on his mothers side

danderw druid and Lady chatterly to lilly may both bold ones are pure working, and both still working under the same lady.

bring him on slow and dont rush things, you'll do alright with him :thumbs:

All the best

Phil.

Edited by activeviii

Hi sorry to go down this route but why did you buy a pup/breed you know so little about then ask the questions?. Will you work this cocker? is it for your shooting? as by the sounds your are lucky with the quality of dog you have & you might have bought a show bred cocker by mistake & never have knowen it. Some of the welsh lines are some of the best & the back bone of many cockers today as the breed sufferd bad after world war 2. Thanks to a dedicated few they brought them back as they can be a fantastic little dogs but i would not recomend as a first dog to train as they can take quite a bit of work from an experienced trainer.

dont worry feel free to say what you want its a forum after all

its a long story how i got him not so long ago i bought my own house and i left my jack russel with my parents as she is getting on a bit now 14 years old and my partner has a 13 year old choc lab on its last legs(i hope she doesnt read this)and we were looking for a small clever breed and came across cockers

so we began to look and found him the breeder didnt say they worked their dog but told us of its blood lines and its welsh back ground we drove dowm from scotland to see him cos he was holding him for us because we made first contact and he was the biggest in the litter but he didnt come near us all the other pups we all over us

i feel lucky to get him cos a guy came to see him before we called the breeder and the breeder wouldnt sell the pup to the guy to cut a long story short wee have now got him and i would just like to know more of the dogs history and background oh and he is much easier than what my jack russel was like at this age