lamping with the harris

charlie caller

Hi fella's, First post.

Been flying BOP for nealy 15 years now and most of that has been lamping with HH, RT or Gos.

I moved away from reflective jesses and started using both electronic nightlights and the "snap and Go" type (made for night fishing)

Found it easier to mount then on the feet / anklet as you cant see the light as well if the bird is returning to the fist (use a velcro type anklet) also diffrent coulors on each foot as you can see if the bird is coming or going.

As for calling back I used to teach the bird to return by whistle to both fist, lure and also to a beam shone into the air, as I found that if the bird did'nt land on the ground they cast high in to open air and await recall - telemetry a must.

Also a Second Dim or gate light a bonus as it made it easier to get the bird off kills

Found it to be very productive and managed to get a lot of bunnies that i could'nt get with lurcher's or rifle.

Only downside - it murders the tail feathers

Good luck and let us know how you go

i used a flashing dustcap of our kids bike , it worked great but i bought a proper led light wich works fine when the bird is not sat on the ground

Is that the purpsoe made tail mount LED's never tried one, wernt sure if they were any good.

A mate whos an eletronic wizz kid (???) made me one and it was a bit of a waste o time as i could only make it out if the bird was 50yds or closer.

So gave up on it - stil got it.

Seen them advertise might get one if you say they good.

Hi fella's, First post.

Been flying BOP for nealy 15 years now and most of that has been lamping with HH, RT or Gos.

I moved away from reflective jesses and started using both electronic nightlights and the "snap and Go" type (made for night fishing)

Found it easier to mount then on the feet / anklet as you cant see the light as well if the bird is returning to the fist (use a velcro type anklet) also diffrent coulors on each foot as you can see if the bird is coming or going.

As for calling back I used to teach the bird to return by whistle to both fist, lure and also to a beam shone into the air, as I found that if the bird did'nt land on the ground they cast high in to open air and await recall - telemetry a must.

Also a Second Dim or gate light a bonus as it made it easier to get the bird off kills

Found it to be very productive and managed to get a lot of bunnies that i could'nt get with lurcher's or rifle.

i used a flashing dustcap of our kids bike , it worked great but i bought a proper led light wich works fine when the bird is not sat on the ground

Is that the purpsoe made tail mount LED's never tried one, wernt sure if they were any good.

A mate whos an eletronic wizz kid (???) made me one and it was a bit of a waste o time as i could only make it out if the bird was 50yds or closer.

i got mine off ebay and only paid £4 for it . i find it very good so at that price its worth getting one and see what you think . cheers mick

Hi fella's, First post.

i got mine off ebay and only paid £4 for it . i find it very good so at that price its worth getting one and see what you think . cheers mick

Thanks - looking as we speak - remember them being a bit more and having mixed reveiws

Hi fella's, First post.

Thanks - looking as we speak - remember them being a bit more and having mixed reveiws

guess i was lucky to get mine for that price , hope you get one for the same dont think you will be disapointed with it .cheers mick