Glueing A Split Ear Advice Needed

My beddy split her ear a few days ago, had it bandaged.

Now i want to give it some air but i don't want her to open it up by shaking her head.

Is it advisable to glue it with superglue if so how do you go about it?

Cheers

Shepp

My beddy split her ear a few days ago, had it bandaged.

Now i want to give it some air but i don't want her to open it up by shaking her head.

Is it advisable to glue it with superglue if so how do you go about it?

Cheers

Shepp

iv used superglue on a dogs ears a few times mate but useally only has a fast aid i always apply some sort of anticeptic first though and mine have been fine have you tried smearing vaseline on it

Hi Shepp,

Ive used superglue on my dogs ear before but it was because she had ripped it and it had severed a vein and wouldn't stop bleeding, but it did the trick.

You could also try the spray on plaster as a temp measure.

If its not to bad id leave it to its own devices.

I see your from Surrey , what part .. pm me if you like

ATB Buster

A lot depends on how long the split is: one of my lurchers got the end of her ear flap ripped by a fox, about 1 1/2 cm long: I tried glueing it, but it didn't work, so in the end I left it: kept the ear stuck on top of her head with masses of sticking plaster until it was healing well (about 10 days) and cleaned it every day with salt water. Her ear is now forked at the end but no problem at all.

A lot depends on how long the split is: one of my lurchers got the end of her ear flap ripped by a fox, about 1 1/2 cm long: I tried glueing it, but it didn't work, so in the end I left it: kept the ear stuck on top of her head with masses of sticking plaster until it was healing well (about 10 days) and cleaned it every day with salt water. Her ear is now forked at the end but no problem at all.

I have given it the glue treatment but to be honest I think it will end up forked.