Fox Terrier ?

i hear alot about jack russels lakies and patt's but never hear any thing about fox terriers, is it because they are more KC dogs now or do some people still have work any on the sly? my uncle breed some wire haired fox terriers for a few years and they were nasty f***ers.

don't know much about terriers just wanted to know from more experienced people.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I was always told by the older generations that the modern fox terrier is just a russel that has been fukd up by the show lot over the last 100+ years... the show type kept hold of the origional name of fox terrier, and the working type became known as Jack Russels, Is this true?

I was always told by the older generations that the modern fox terrier is just a russel that has been fukd up by the show lot over the last 100+ years... the show type kept hold of the origional name of fox terrier, and the working type became known as Jack Russels, Is this true?

i think there was an artical about what your saying in the countrymans weekly about 2 maby 3 weeks ago by hancock :hmm:

A lot of hunters still use smooth haired fox terriers in Norway, Sweden and Finland.

If you wanrt a Fox Terrier listen to this fella, they have them over in Scandinavia and they do WORK their dogs. :big_boss:

I've been digging with a lad in Finland and it's hard to fault his Fox Terriers :thumbs: