ratting tonight me and fletcher pics

Went out tonight for a spot of ratting to give the dogs a run out and show the young pup what its all about, had a really good evinings sport, fletchers 7 month old pat pup is coming on leaps and bounds hes really clicking about what the whole game is about, hes starting to mark really well now and getting stuck in amongst them, hes loosing his puppyness and having a real go, hunting up on his own and doing the deads on his own! After all hes had a good teacher, my Tara :rocker:;)

Took the 4 1/2 month old pup out to show him what the craic is and to say i was delighted with him is an understatement, the little buggers mental for it, i fully expected him to just run around licking and kissing things like he does at home, but the moment we bolted the first rat he was ragging at them with the other dogs like a pro, only half a second off the other dogs and on his first time out, only previous kills were a daddy long legs and a wee bird.

Tara as usual led the way, she didnt have the luxury of being taught by other dogs what to do and to start with it showed last year, but she is mint at it now, she just loves it, never giving an inch no matter what is in the way, anyway heres some pics of the night, the tally was 12 but it wasnt about numbers but more about giving the young uns a look.

the first of the night

12-1.jpg

another in the bag

12.jpg

they kept bolting here slowly but surely

12-3.jpg

12-4.jpg

12-5.jpg

nipper marking up

12-6.jpg

all 3 marking up

12-7.jpg

lots of debries to get through

12-8.jpg

12-9.jpg

The last rat of the night, particulary pleasing as the dogs were marking up under a huge stone trough and the farmer arrived and when he heard fletchers english accent he said "you will never move that lads its far too heavy" lol good job a sweaty sock was there to lend a hand! :rofl: anyway we got it lifted and bang in goes the dogs one dead rat, farmer then said "feck me didnt know them dogs were as fast as that!" and then gave us the telephone number of another farm with a rat problem, result!

12-10.jpg

Edited by thurso jack