No offence but Redmills and the like are full of crap, check the ingredients! :sick: Barking Heads isn't bad but is still only 30% meat and 70% "other stuff". Their 55% meat claim isn't accurate as it includes FRESH meat, the water from which is removed during processing - the manufacturer has apologised and confirmed this to me in writing.

Personally I'd feed raw (look through this section of the forum, I'm not typing it all out again :laugh:). But if you really want to feed dry regardless, then Orijen is about the best of the bunch as someone said above. :thumbs: It's made from 70% meat and bones, 30% fruit and veg, and is about ideal with 40% protein and 20% fat ("puppy" formula, which is fine for adult working dogs, again confirmed by the manufacturer). Orijen is expensive to buy up front (£28 or so for 7.5KG or £46 for 13.5KG delivered, off the top of my head) - BUT you need to feed so little of it it's actually cheaper than Redmills, Gain, Beta and all the other grain based "cheap" kibbles.

Up to you mate, at the end of the day.

Just checked out that orijen, its dear but if you only needed to feed half the amount compared to different stuff then it could be worth it, however to feed a 20kg working lurcher you would need to feed 300 grams of origen as apposed to only 250 using eukaneba-skinners etc so not really anygood for hard workin lurchers imo, prob fine for small or pet dogs tho an defo looks to have some good tackel in there just a shame about the $$. :thumbs:

so what skinners would you recommend for an adult lurcher cheers

i feed skinners to all my crew as its the only dry food that dont give two of them the runs i also feed as much raw meat as i can though thats not always much as i have no freezer so ahve trouble storing it. you can chop and change between all the skinners food so if dog is out of action you can change to a lower protien with any fuss. mine are fed field and trial 'crunchy' as working adults puppy as puppies and maintanance if out of action.

I use skinners hypoallergenic duck and rice plus either tripe mince or fresh beef and my lurchers looking good on it. ive used skinners working 23 and thats not bad either , i did buy a bag of skinners museli though and its the only one my dog wont touch

• 2 weeks later...