Working My Staffie

My mate has just started walking his cocker with me which he is training it to hunt and retrieve rabbits as its still young hes using a sporting saint 1 lb rabbit skin throwing dummy with rabbit sent on it at the mow

he's using it to get his dog use to having fur in its mouth and getting it use to retreaving a sent

On a walk the other day my mate throw his dummy my 4yr old staffie raced after it beat the cocker to it brought it straight back to my mate to do it again she would not leave it the poor cocker never got it for the whole hours walk

As i live near loads of woods and fields i would like to work her to get rabbits

what i really need is any advice on starting five been look at getting a Bolting Rabbit kit and using this with some sent and after a few weeks take her for a walk over the wood let her have few rabbits

anyone please tell if him breaking any laws

My Staffy (Kaiser) has been ferreting with me since he was old enough to come out, he's great with the ferrets, he catches the odd rabbit, & holds them in the purse nets, by nature of his breed he has a hard mouth, but it doesn't concern me, keep training your dog, its well worth the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Just get out there and you'll soon find out what you need to practice on. My main thing at first was recall, what with them being a little hot headed it's sometimes hard to get them back after a run. The more you get out and get hands on the better, good luck

what i really need is any advice on starting five been look at getting a Bolting Rabbit kit and using this with some sent and after a few weeks take her for a walk over the wood let her have few rabbits

Whats a bolting rabbit kit?