beddy whippets

post-22505-125900905011_thumb.jpg this is my beddy/whippetXgreyhound/collie/whippet 16 months 19.5tts, its his first season and so far i cant fault him

hi mate he still misses the odd one, but not very often, when i first started him at 13 months he yapped on the first five or six runs but now hes got the hang of it hes quiet as a mouse.hes had 63 so far,always retrieves them live to hand,cant realy ask anymore than that from him good luck mick

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-22505-125900905011_thumb.jpg this is my beddy/whippetXgreyhound/collie/whippet 16 months 19.5tts, its his first season and so far i cant fault him

hi mate he still misses the odd one, but not very often, when i first started him at 13 months he yapped on the first five or six runs but now hes got the hang of it hes quiet as a mouse.hes had 63 so far,always retrieves them live to hand,cant realy ask anymore than that from him good luck mick

wow thats not bad going for a young un,does he work on the lamp or just day time.thanks hl.

Not wishing to offend any one IMHO no beddy/whippet would live with a well bred peddigree whippet i honestly cannot see the point in these type of lurchers the one i have that is just under 22tts is useless compared to other lurcher to lurcher bred lurchers for the same age.atb dell

would have to disagree i know a bloke who used to own two of them first x. But one died doing what he loved doin best. Hes not on here but hes best mates with unfit hopefully he might add some photos his dogs often catch 40-50 rabbits at a time if not more think thats pritty good going. But to top it off preban would nail a fox easy. Now bear in mind this is pre ban so dont get eate up but how many dogs can go down to ground like a terrier. Catch 50 rabbits on the lamp catch hares day and night kill foxes for fun and nail even larger game with out ever pulling off a single thing theyve been ordered to strike how ever big or small wether then been out for 3 or 6 hours they never face defeat they keep on going. Ive never seen a harder set of dogs

Not wishing to offend any one IMHO no beddy/whippet would live with a well bred peddigree whippet i honestly cannot see the point in these type of lurchers the one i have that is just under 22tts is useless compared to other lurcher to lurcher bred lurchers for the same age.atb dell

would have to disagree i know a bloke who used to own two of them first x. But one died doing what he loved doin best. Hes not on here but hes best mates with unfit hopefully he might add some photos his dogs often catch 40-50 rabbits at a time if not more think thats pritty good going. But to top it off preban would nail a fox easy. Now bear in mind this is pre ban so dont get eate up but how many dogs can go down to ground like a terrier. Catch 50 rabbits on the lamp catch hares day and night kill foxes for fun and nail even larger game with out ever pulling off a single thing theyve been ordered to strike how ever big or small wether then been out for 3 or 6 hours they never face defeat they keep on going. Ive never seen a harder set of dogs

Its different dogs for different areas no small type beddy whippets under 21tts would catch that amount around here as the rabbits are up and running soon as the lamp hits them many have had this cross but have opted for the taller grey/beddy cross.The grand mother to my old bitch is out of T.Mcphees dogs from caithness that were not very big dogs and used to get huge amounts of rabbits in caithness but struggeld a bit with the rabbits down here thats why they were bred to taller dogs producing good allrounders.atb dell

Its different dogs for different areas no small type beddy whippets under 21tts would catch that amount around here as the rabbits are up and running soon as the lamp hits them many have had this cross but have opted for the taller grey/beddy cross.The grand mother to my old bitch is out of T.Mcphees dogs from caithness that were not very big dogs and used to get huge amounts of rabbits in caithness but struggeld a bit with the rabbits down here thats why they were bred to taller dogs producing good allrounders.atb dell

i know bed/grey are normally used on the larger based fields but the bloke works his dogs on 50 acre plus fields which are pritty big and his bed whip does fine he lamps over a big range. Well he has to cover alot of ground as he goes 6 if not 7 times a week for no shorter than 3 hrs. If were only talking rabbits field size shouldnt matter. As a rabbit very rarley covers a big field they tend to turn back after a couple of 100 meters. Hares are different story they do stretch over the whole field then bed/grey would be better if thats what you needed. But his bed whips manage fine on the hares. pre ban. But even slow non lurchers can catch a hare at night by using there stamina and running it down. Yet again it comes down to just how fit your dog is

some dogs them .i wish i owned a full brother to them . :whistling:

i know bed/grey are normally used on the larger based fields but the bloke works his dogs on 50 acre plus fields which are pritty big and his bed whip does fine he lamps over a big range. Well he has to cover alot of ground as he goes 6 if not 7 times a week for no shorter than 3 hrs. If were only talking rabbits field size shouldnt matter. As a rabbit very rarley covers a big field they tend to turn back after a couple of 100 meters. Hares are different story they do stretch over the whole field then bed/grey would be better if thats what you needed. But his bed whips manage fine on the hares. pre ban. But even slow non lurchers can catch a hare at night by using there stamina and running it down. Yet again it comes down to just how fit your dog is

The dogs obviously suite your mates requirements.Wat i am saying is that rabbits that i lamp are maybe 50 yds away [bANNED TEXT] the lamp hits them and most of the time set of running with probably the same distance to hit cover ther for the taller pacey dog has a good advantage over a 19tts beddy/whippet.atb dell

yeah they are i swear your looks and acts and performs like em and just could be the full other brother out the litter. You got me laughin now. Hows your doing still exterminateing everything he runs. Heard currys selling them massive american freezers you bloody need one

wow thats not bad going for a young un,does he work on the lamp or just day time.thanks hl.

i only do daytime with him,but a mate has his sister whos only 17.5tts which he has used for lamping since she was nine months and shes doing very well thanks mick

yeah they are i swear your looks and acts and performs like em and just could be the full other brother out the litter. You got me laughin now. Hows your doing still exterminateing everything he runs. Heard currys selling them massive american freezers you bloody need one

:clapper: