Pregnant Ferrets

Guest Keeps

Guest Keeps

I’ve got 4 very fat ferrets :unsure: that all share one big ferret court. Can anyone give me some advice on whether I need to separate them, should they be fed any differently & should the hob be taken out. I haven’t a clue what to do :search:

And does anyone want any baby ferrets? I have a feeling I’m going to be overrun with them very soon :blink:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wolflore

If you've got a big enough court leave all the girls together. You might want to invest in a couple of extra nest boxes so they have a choice when the time comes. As for the males, some say to leave them in but I think its probably best to seperate as it could stress the Jills into eating the babies.

Hope this help - I'm sure some of the more knowledgable lads on here will lend a hand if you get stuck.

Fortunately oinly one of mine is preggers - the other two are off to the Jaffa some time soon. Between my mate and I last year we had 30 off 3 Jills from the same hob! Good luck with your 40 :blink::blink::cry:

I split my jiils from each other and from the hob when the first jill gave birth ......... I did originally leave the two jills together but the one that had the kits was hassling the other one and dragging her about the place so they are all on thier own until the kits are old enough ;)

Guest Keeps

40 baby ferrets :blink::cry: :cry:

You gonna be very busy finding homes for them all Smudge :lol: not to mention cleaning them out :haha::icon_redface:

Thanks for the info, will put some more nest boxes in. Got a couple of spare hutches so it should be ok if we have to move some of them out.

• 2 weeks later...

i have kept hobs and jills in together with no probs then i have had hobs that have killed some of the kits ..... with 40 kits coming i would leave them all in together and let nature take its course