hi guys, got a question im hoping maybe some of you could help me with, was out last week on the pigeons not much about at all, fired 3 shots all morning with 1 pigeon hit, about 10 mins after the pigeon was shot ( which i left out in the field as part of my pattern ) i saw a big bird in the sky, i would say it had a wingspan of about 2 ft, after about 2 mins it landed on my pigeon stood there for about 30 seconds and then flew off with it, it had a white head and a dark ( brown i think ) body,and im just curious as to what it was, i no its a very basic description but i just wondered if anyone had any ideas, ive never saw anything like it before , but then again im still relatively new only bin shooting in the field just over a year.

thanks guys atb adam

i shot two jackdaws with my rapid 7 in cut grass last year, i was waiting on the commotion settling and the birds returning when a buzzard landed on one of the dead birds. it had a couple of pecks and then lifted the bird and fly off. Not something you see every day

keith

cheers lads like i said never seen anything like it before. unfortunately when i was younger i was unable to shoot as no one in my family did, but now finding the countryside and starting to fit in more with it and the country people i encounter, and seeing nature like that to me makes it worth it, i went to work today and people were talking about there weekend all of which were virtually the same, stayed in watched t.v and played computer and i cant understand why they would rather do that, but each to their own i suppose.

all the best adam

Buzzard sounds about right there 100;s of them now

Ain't there just. I was out on one field on Tuesday and there were 9 just there. On the other side of the main road there were another six :o

cheers lads like i said never seen anything like it before. unfortunately when i was younger i was unable to shoot as no one in my family did, but now finding the countryside and starting to fit in more with it and the country people i encounter, and seeing nature like that to me makes it worth it, i went to work today and people were talking about there weekend all of which were virtually the same, stayed in watched t.v and played computer and i cant understand why they would rather do that, but each to their own i suppose.

all the best adam

Don't you just thank God that you don't have to sit and watch t.v.. :clapper: