Shotgun certificate

Well that seems to be one of the closest proper clubs to me anyway so I was thinking about joining there when I get sorted with my license and a gun..

Great, giz a shout when you get sorted and i will show you around.

Nice one mate.. that'll be good.. Where abouts in bradford are ya? I am originally from Wyke..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that seems to be one of the closest proper clubs to me anyway so I was thinking about joining there when I get sorted with my license and a gun..

Nice one mate.. that'll be good.. Where abouts in bradford are ya? I am originally from Wyke..

i live in wrose, near shipley, how long do you recon before we hear anything back from west yorkshire police??

i live in wrose, near shipley, how long do you recon before we hear anything back from west yorkshire police??

Oh yeah I know that, my auntie used to live by the horse and farrier on kings road and me and my cousin used to ride bikes in that quarry up there as kids.. haha.. umm not sure how long mate, she said about 4 weeks avarage so im guessing around that..

Oh yeah I know that, my auntie used to live by the horse and farrier on kings road and me and my cousin used to ride bikes in that quarry up there as kids.. haha.. umm not sure how long mate, she said about 4 weeks avarage so im guessing around that..

Have you got your gun safe all in place ?? Had mine fit bout 6 months back for my air rifle. FEO seemed pleased, after he tried pulling it off the wall, lol

No, not got mine yet.. ordering it next week.. She said it will be ok as long as I get it and fit it for when she comes back with my license.. She said they normally post the license back but as she needs to see my safe she will bring it round..

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a letter from the chief inspector. They refused my application. he said -

in reviewing your application i have taken into account your conviction in november 2003 for driving a motor vehicle with excess alcohol, i note that you were arrested in november 2003 for 2 public order offences, and that you were given a police caution in october 2007 for an assault occasioning actual bodily harm. all these incidents display an underlying trend for excess alcohol consumption and such behaviour and disregard for the law is not expected of persons to be trusted to posess shotguns.

Is it likely an appeal would be successfull or worthwhile?

Just got a letter from the chief inspector. They refused my application. he said -

in reviewing your application i have taken into account your conviction in november 2003 for driving a motor vehicle with excess alcohol, i note that you were arrested in november 2003 for 2 public order offences, and that you were given a police caution in october 2007 for an assault occasioning actual bodily harm. all these incidents display an underlying trend for excess alcohol consumption and such behaviour and disregard for the law is not expected of persons to be trusted to posess shotguns.

Is it likely an appeal would be successfull or worthwhile?

I've not got a SGC or a FAC but I am a member of a club with a view to getting one of each one day. Do you not think maybe it would be better to do it the other way around and join a club, shoot with rented/club guns for a year and then reapply?

Hi, Just applyed for my certificate with west yorkshire police.. Still waiting to hear from them at the moment, but im a little worried about my previous convictions.. It states "previous convictions" so I didnt declare the caution I recieved about 2 years ago for section 47 assault... I told them i had been convicted of drink driving, driving without insurance and driving without a license.. When infact I was charged with driving without license and insurance 3 times..

Will any of these things affect my application? If I mention it when they come round will I be ok or will they be questioning why I didnt tell them "everything"....?

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Shaun, dont want to burst your bubble mate but i know a chap who had his firearm cert taken from him because he was convicted with drink driving offences and the letter said he was not a competant person in the eye's of the law to handle firearms, dont know if this will still apply now as this was over 15 years ago but i believe it may be even more strict now, this was in the Glasgow area, good luck mate.

I've not got a SGC or a FAC but I am a member of a club with a view to getting one of each one day. Do you not think maybe it would be better to do it the other way around and join a club, shoot with rented/club guns for a year and then reapply?

Yeah I was just thinking of doing that for a while and see how I get on..

Hi, Just applyed for my certificate with west yorkshire police.. Still waiting to hear from them at the moment, but im a little worried about my previous convictions.. It states "previous convictions" so I didnt declare the caution I recieved about 2 years ago for section 47 assault... I told them i had been convicted of drink driving, driving without insurance and driving without a license.. When infact I was charged with driving without license and insurance 3 times..

Will any of these things affect my application? If I mention it when they come round will I be ok or will they be questioning why I didnt tell them "everything"....?

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Shaun, dont want to burst your bubble mate but i know a chap who had his firearm cert taken from him because he was convicted with drink driving offences and the letter said he was not a competant person in the eye's of the law to handle firearms, dont know if this will still apply now as this was over 15 years ago but i believe it may be even more strict now, this was in the Glasgow area, good luck mate.

yeah they do seem pretty strict.. but my drink driving was 6 years ago.. Surely that could be classed as resonable period..