Melton Market

Anyone know what ferreted rabbits are makeing at Melton ?and ,what are there dues and demands ,as i have not put any through for a couple of years.Any prices from Boston ,Bourne,Sleaford, and Spalding would be helpful too.

cheers , Micky.

Have not been for a couple of years, did not see any at that time, only ones there were 'pet' rabbits, small ones were making 50p and bigger ones upto £5, i bought 4 belgian hares, 2 bucks and 2 does, came to £28.

Jon

Anyone know what ferreted rabbits are makeing at Melton ?and ,what are there dues and demands ,as i have not put any through for a couple of years.Any prices from Boston ,Bourne,Sleaford, and Spalding would be helpful too.

cheers , Micky.

im sure they wer about £4 a couple last week , but there ripping you off with the commision not sure but its something like 50 p entry and27% commission on sale at least could be more

good luck ;)

cheers , Micky.

well I have been selling mine all around there and getting between 2 and 3 quid each selling ALL privately can sell 50 rabbits a week easy especially in Boston

cheers , Micky.

well I have been selling mine all around there and getting between 2 and 3 quid each selling ALL privately can sell 50 rabbits a week easy especially in Boston

I used to sell a lot of rabbits at Boston afew years back ,they were sold through Killinghomes estate agents Pump square ,on Wednesdays,they were good auctioneers ,in those days the seller paid nothing ,but the buyer paid an extra bob on the pound [5p],Sleaford was a good market if you had a lot to shift but you had to take care how you entered them ,as one rabbit would be sold ,and the buyer would have the option of haveing the lot at that price,pretty much the same all over ,but the buyers there ,seemed to be a bit sharper than most.