ive got a mate thats got a 9 month old staff bitch, and he says that every time the bitch has a pee, just after she has a small white discharge on her vulva, which drops off then theres no more discharge until her next pee, well i thought it might be a mild infection and a trip to the vets would clear it up, just thought someone on here might have an idea, cheers HF.

Young bitches that have not yet had a season often get something called puppy vaginitis: sometimes the discharge comes as a big gloop of stuff: unless it smells bad: I know, you have got to take a sniff LOL, then don't worry about it. AS long as the dog isn't straining to pee (cystitis), as long as there is not red flecks in the pee (bladder stones) and the dog is in good health etc, then it is probably puppy vaginitis and will clear up when she has her first season.

Another good reason not to have bitches spayed before their first season as even the bladder and urinary tract need to mature properly: early spayed bitches sometimes become incontinent.

Young bitches that have not yet had a season often get something called puppy vaginitis: sometimes the discharge comes as a big gloop of stuff: unless it smells bad: I know, you have got to take a sniff LOL, then don't worry about it. AS long as the dog isn't straining to pee (cystitis), as long as there is not red flecks in the pee (bladder stones) and the dog is in good health etc, then it is probably puppy vaginitis and will clear up when she has her first season.

Another good reason not to have bitches spayed before their first season as even the bladder and urinary tract need to mature properly: early spayed bitches sometimes become incontinent.

thanks both skycat and mally.

ive just rang my mate to pass on the info you both gave and he said his lass had just got back from the vets, the vets said exactly what you said skycat.....puppy vaginitis, thank again.. cheers HF. :thumbs: