Unexplained death of mhh

Parabuteos lad

Thats a shame mate :cry: ! it happens to us all sometimes for one reason or another, a pal lost his proven Finn male this year due to 2 RAF Helicopters coming over low he hit the beam in the roof and it killed him, he recons the copters was that low you could see the bolts on the sides :icon_eek:....

that bird could have carried on breeding for a good 10 more years and produced countless young, how can they put a price on a bird like that!! they would be talking in telephone numbers money wise....

Cheers

Jasper

no but it was all over mondays papers

its just sometimes birds die from other things such as ticks they leave very little evidence but can kill a bird very quickly usually if your mews/ avairy has any over hanging foliage as the ticks will fall off wild birds then get on your BOP and kill the poor thing.

So how do you know it was a heart attack if no PM has been done? It could be Viral, Bacterial, Mould spores, anything? You will probably never know for certain. I have just had Two Falcons Die unexplicably within a week of each other! All the signs pointed to aspergilosis or some kind of poisoning but I to will probably never know! S***t Happens!! You have just got to go back to the start, look at what could possibly have caused the birds death and try to eliminate any future threat! Good luck for the future and hang in there! Regards, Rod.
So how do you know it was a heart attack if no PM has been done? It could be Viral, Bacterial, Mould spores, anything? You will probably never know for certain. I have just had Two Falcons Die unexplicably within a week of each other! All the signs pointed to aspergilosis or some kind of poisoning but I to will probably never know! S***t Happens!! You have just got to go back to the start, look at what could possibly have caused the birds death and try to eliminate any future threat! Good luck for the future and hang in there! Regards, Rod.

hi rod sorry to hear about your falcons mate you must be gutted

atb steven

hi rod sorry to hear about your falcons mate you must be gutted

atb steven

Thanks! Steven, Yeah you could say that I was gutted. The female Saker was due to go back into the breeding project for next year! The 50/50 never got a chance to show us what he could do! poor little mite! Very nearly threw the towel in but I'm made of stronger stuff than that! So on we go, pick up the pieces and crack on. Got 3 harris's on the go atm and a fourth ready to come out of the aviery! Happy stressful days ahead me thinks???

The place we just moved from was a graveyard of mainly Goshawks which died of Asper over the years, also chicks which either fell out of the nest or was Murdered by the parents. for some reason I lost two Goshawks in one year down to Asper which knocked me sideways! I can't say anything for sure but the neighbour used to have a compost heap litteraly feet away from one of the aviaries which could have been the cause, then again who knows....

Times like this you have to pick yourself up, brush yourself down and move on! like you say Rod shit happens expecially when you're keeping Birds Of Prey, it used to realy get to to me with a loss of a bird but not anymore.....

Jasper

The place we just moved from was a graveyard of mainly Goshawks which died of Asper over the years, also chicks which either fell out of the nest or was Murdered by the parents. for some reason I lost two Goshawks in one year down to Asper which knocked me sideways! I can't say anything for sure but the neighbour used to have a compost heap litteraly feet away from one of the aviaries which could have been the cause, then again who knows....

Times like this you have to pick yourself up, brush yourself down and move on! like you say Rod shit happens expecially when you're keeping Birds Of Prey, it used to realy get to to me with a loss of a bird but not anymore.....

Jasper

Similar sort of thing here! Jasper, Moved just over a month ago, No deaths in seven years then two birds die within a week of each other. So it had to be somthing here. Full clean out F10ed, New gravel and fingers crossed on we go. It's funny that none of the harris' have submitted to what ever it was? I will probably never know!

Ta for that,

i found the noise was an RPG that was shot at a police helicopter fortunately it missed but exploded and caused the heart attack

A RPG ,rocket proppelled grenade fired at a police chopper,? you sure about this ?

Mick

yes it was in the liverpool echo. the criminals stopped in the tunnel of all place and attempted to escape :doh:

Ta for that,

i found the noise was an RPG that was shot at a police helicopter fortunately it missed but exploded and caused the heart attack

A RPG ,rocket proppelled grenade fired at a police chopper,? you sure about this ?

Mick

yes it was in the liverpool echo. the criminals stopped in the tunnel of all place and attempted to escape :doh:

Only in liverpool eh,,lol