Coyote hunting pics

I was diiging through my old pics and found these thought I would stick them up, hope you like them.

miscdogs005.jpg

My old deerhoundxgrey and a stagxpit about to take down a yote

miscdogs004-1.jpg

Same two dogs plus a coldblood grey taking a yote

miscdogs003.jpg

The strike!

miscdogs001.jpg

The end of another coyote

miscdogs.jpg

Not a coyote hunting pic just a collie/greyxsaluki I had in the mid nineties. Bought him for ten punt in Ballymun he grew into a cracking hare dog. sadly killed at 2 1/2 by a train while chasing a fox. Really miss that dog would love another like him, beautiful dog to watch running and took hare, fox and deer with ease.

all the best Dirtwinger

That last dog is stunning pal :good: very similar to my own bitch saluki /grey /collie /grey /

all the best steve.

post-12158-1255244471.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That last dog is stunning pal :good: very similar to my own bitch saluki /grey /collie /grey /

all the best steve.

I like the look of your dog too, I like the merles that have black as the dominant colour I think they are the most striking looking of the merles. Granted it dont make them run any faster but nothing wrong with having a good looking dog. Although walking him could be a pain in the arse sometimes, with transit vans pulling alongside and money being offered through the window for him. I dont have that issue here in the US thank god.

all the best Dirtwinger

terence how long you been over in new mexico ive been going for ten seasons now going over shortly again after the christmas rush and all that so you ever hunted with my good freind dutch and his good running dogs near the mexican border he keeps some real good jack rabbit dogs

terence how long you been over in new mexico ive been going for ten seasons now going over shortly again after the christmas rush and all that so you ever hunted with my good freind dutch and his good running dogs near the mexican border he keeps some real good jack rabbit dogs

I have been out with Dutch at a couple of coursing meets, dont know him really well more a friend of a friend so to speak. If I lived in the south of the state I would see him more often I'm sure. Perhaps we can meet up after Christmas and do some daytime coursing without having to worry about PC Plod

All the best Terence

had a feeling it was was it paul you bought him off

if so my mate knows him well

can remember him having dogs of that breeding or similar

you seem to be living the life over there like kye

fair play

macker

Cant remember the guys name, the bitch was a non merle rough coated hancock and the sire was a saluki. There were several merles in the litter and a mix of rough and smooth coated dogs my brother took a merle bitch and I went back the next day and bought the dog.

its not a bad life over here lots of land and lots of hares. A bit too hot for my taste in the summer and the beer is crap but I'm hanging in there. I will be over in Ireland for Christmas this year as it happens if I have a couple of days free from family I will try and get out and see some sport.

all the best Dirtwnger

These are some pics from a hunting trip in Texas last November, I borrowed them from the "Marshall Telemetry website so feel free to go there and look at some of the cool falconry pics from around the world.

GettingreadyTexas08.jpg

Me getting the dogs and bird ready

texascoursing.jpg

My old dog Percy and Wasp a young 3/4grey 1/4beddie bitch coursing a hare

Jakeonhare.jpg

My mate Gregs dog Jake on a hare