Jill with swollen arse

One of the kits iv kept back from this year has been acting rather strangely recently. At first I though she might have come in season early but the swelling was 100% her arse and she seems to spend alot of time in the shite corner squatting but not doing anything??? I thought it might be constipation but she has a balanced diet of rabbit, dry food and other red/game meats. She lives with several other jills and a neutered hob but none of them are the same. Has anyone had any experience of this??? Her crotch is often damp or mucky as well. Should I be worried??

Cheers

Jordan

Does her arse look bloody? Blocked glands is quite possibly the answer, but there's a chance she may have a prolapse..........especially if she's picked up a bug that's given her the runs. If she's bright enough, & still eating, just keep a close eye on her, but check her regularly. If it shows any signs of being 'raw' or bloody, get her checked by your vet. He'll likely prescribe Anusol to be honest (which means a pleasant wee job for you for a few days)

Chanceas are she just has the squits though...............keep her on a dry diet for a few days, & see how she gets on. Ferts can pick up bugs just the same as we can, so don't panic :thumbs:

Theres no skits still shitting solid and pretty active and stuffing her face at feeding time but when Im in the shed every two minutes she goes to the corner and squats. Not every time something comes out most of the time its nothing just squats like shes trying to shit.

At one point it looked as if they do when in season but her arse then the next day normal.

Thanks for the replies I'll keep and eye on her if not il got to my vet she's pretty good.

Cheers

Jordan

She might well just be a bit bunged-up then mate.......especially if this has only started over the last day or so? If her scat's still solid them I wouldn't worry too much!

Another thing that's just occurred to me!!!! How is she with the rest of your ferts? There's a chance that she may be trying to show you that she's the 'boss' by scent-marking 'her' spot, especially if she's only doing it when you're in the court. If she's constantly trying to drop scent, that might explain her sore arse too :thumbs:

hi mate well heres what i would do rather be safe than sorry nip her to the vets id rather they say its nothing early on than us guessing and by them its to late if like the lads say its probs nothing but noone has seen her we are all guessing

atb gary

Right oh cheers folks.

I'll get a appointment for next week (closed weekends) and get her seen too. My vet knows her stuff so I'll see what she has to say.

Quixote. Thats a good point about with the others as she is the biggest but her mother is the boss and she is always scrapping with her ma (and losing) so it could be that.

Cheers

Jordan

Yea pal, sounds a little dodgy, it maybe cheaper to get another ferret, unless its worth 50quid or more to you...Dont mean to sound nasty or heartless but if it hasnt worked anyway, it could be anon strater standing you at 100quid plus mate...

My 2 main working ferrets would get the treatment without thinking about it. They are priceless to me, a kit i would have to think seriously about...

I lost a 9 week old kit with that this year . It had a prolapsed rectum . I brought her to the vet and she got an anti biotic and was wormed but it didnt help. sometimes they need a stitch to put their arse back in . Did you switch her to different food ? I heard it can be caused when they eat a new food and they push their arse out as the material they digest isnt solid enough to push against. hope all gvoes well with her.