Foxy Trouble

Well guys, i have some chooks in my backyard, and as they do they like to lay the eggs in our hedge out the front. Well recently we have been going out the front to see eaten eggs all over the front lawn. And last night my sister confirms she has seen the culprit. A fox, here i am in the middle of a town and a fox has been working my 10mtrs hedge for eggs. It just proves how cunning these animals are,

so i have set some traps, will see what the morning brings

:guitar:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I see! :laugh: Nope. I never even noticed the flag and just suddenly had this vision of someone with a whole shed load of f***ing great cages, just sat there waiting for this day!

Personally, I have no issues with the use of those kind of foot catch traps, where they're still allowed. Far from it. Frankly, I'd far sooner one of my Dogs stumbled into a rubber padded 'Soft Catch' type foot trap than stuck their head into a larger sized Conibear! :(

Although i have been told they are not good traps by the master apparantly alot of pro trappers will not use them, They are still effective and i had a read of the statistics. Something like 90% of the target animals trapped in these soft catches had no physical injury done to them.

Edited by Mitch

From what I can tell a lot of pro-trappers don't seem to like them due to the politics involved. Perhaps thinking that the 'Soft catch' part is a sell out to the antis.

However, I figure that if the trap catches and holds the critter without damaging it, well, that speaks for itself in my opinion.

Well, i lifted the trap last night, and waxed them to do things properly like i should have done in the first place. And the cheaky bugger came back and ravaged the eggs,

Ok i have set 1 trap as a flat set, in the little cubby that the eggs where in, and i am going to make one dirt hole at the beginiig of the hedge, both sets i have gone nuts with the tuna oil.

Those trappers dont use them not because of its intentions, but because they lack in design. Im sure its got something to do with the spring power, and as i have been told the pads can freeze and break. I have shit all of an idea, it would be good to speak to someone who knows what he is talking about when it comes to these debates.

aslong as i catch the tit , im tempted to run a snare but it would not be very responsible.