Hi ...has anybody been up to orkney this season ???....We had a few days booked at the end of this month but for some reason the guy we were going with chose not to return any of our messages which prompted us to cancel ...since then we have heard he has cancelled all his bookings for whatever reason...so instead of us not going we have decided to go it alone when we get there but was just curious to see if anybody had been already....as it is our first time up there we want it to be worthwhile....cheers Davy

i live there mate, and just got my shotgun licence recently, so i will be out soon.

alot of geese about

Hi mate ...do u live in the south or north of the island ....we will be near swannay l...so fingers crossed

cheers davy

I'm also in Orkney.

There is a lot of Geese about but most of those have been here all year, as many of them do stay all season now. The main influx of seasonal visitors usually arrive about the third week in October any time after that there will thousands.

As for where you stay nowhere on the mainland or connected isles is more than an hour away.

Hope it all goes well.

Alan

I'm also in Orkney.

There is a lot of Geese about but most of those have been here all year, as many of them do stay all season now. The main influx of seasonal visitors usually arrive about the third week in October any time after that there will thousands.

As for where you stay nowhere on the mainland or connected isles is more than an hour away.

Hope it all goes well.

Alan

Hi Allan

We are coming to orkney on the 25th till the 28th of october...we are hoping all goes well because although we have had varying success with decoying we are far from experts so looks like it will be a hit or miss affair ....hopefully more of a hit .....

cheers Davy

Hi i was talking to a lad that went up there to try doing it sole but he told me it was hard going with all the best fields took by guides which ever guides these are i think the eye-ties are over there paying big bucks for fields now adays

Good luck and haapy goose hunting

Regards

Hi i was talking to a lad that went up there to try doing it sole but he told me it was hard going with all the best fields took by guides which ever guides these are i think the eye-ties are over there paying big bucks for fields now adays

Good luck and haapy goose hunting

Regards

Hi ....we dont really have a choice as the three of us that are going have all booked days off from work and we did have a couple of mornings booked with a guide but were let down for some reason so we have just decided to go anyway ...we did try and book other guides but we were struggling with such short notice ....

cheers Davy

There is always feral greylags to go at. A lot of DIY going on but most ground covered by guides.

Check BASC register for guide there is a good one up there.

Des Cochrane Ukshootingbreaks

Hi des ...i Spoke with john munson from the merkister hotel but he cant take us on the dates we are going on but he has told us the farm which we will be staying on normally gets geese flighting over and feeding on it .....from the loch nearby...i spoke with the farmer and he has told us that if there is no geese on his place he will make a few phone calls so cant ask for any more just have to wait and see.....somehow though i definately dont think it is going to be a case of just turning up and throwing a few deeks out .....

cheers davy

• 2 weeks later...