Guest robbie1
a good rub down, make sure its nice and dry if its raining. i like to give mine a electrolyte drink if it was a hard night or some honey in luke warm water.

cant really add much to that!!!! good advice mate yis robbie

Likes been said a good rub down,

And a good meal, Then into there beds for a good kip,

I did use too give them a cup of tea with a sugar and a pinch of salt and a doulp of honey in it, One of the old times told me to do it so i gave it a go last season, But i anit done it for a good while now and the dogs dont seem any diffrent with out it so i anit done it since,

Likes been said a good rub down,

And a good meal, Then into there beds for a good kip,

I did use too give them a cup of tea with a sugar and a pinch of salt and a doulp of honey in it, One of the old times told me to do it so i gave it a go last season, But i anit done it for a good while now and the dogs dont seem any diffrent with out it so i anit done it since,

tanx guy, what does brown bread do

Bang him full with carbs and protein: carbs will bring his energy levels back up stop the lameness and protein wil repair any muscle fibres that have been torn while out running.

Normally the dog goes out on the weekend so has plenty of sunday dinner left overs, make extra gravy and fill a bowl with broken up bread and tip all the left overs and mix it, the dogs love it.

Or what we normally get is an ox heart cut it all up and give it to the dogs after they have come in.

Followed with a nice massage rub down.

Bang him full with carbs and protein: carbs will bring his energy levels back up stop the lameness and protein wil repair any muscle fibres that have been torn while out running.

Normally the dog goes out on the weekend so has plenty of sunday dinner left overs, make extra gravy and fill a bowl with broken up bread and tip all the left overs and mix it, the dogs love it.

Or what we normally get is an ox heart cut it all up and give it to the dogs after they have come in.

I always thought that dogs got there energy from FAT? unlike humans that get it from carbs

Plus if you going to use gravy always make sure its weak cause its full of salt...

Edited by tiny 7

I always thought that dogs got there energy from FAT? unlike humans that get it from carbs

Plus if you going to use gravy always make sure its weak cause its full of salt...

ya i thought a dog got there energy from fat also, if so what should i be feeding him to get energy

• 2 weeks later...